Sonic Electronix

one thing that i didnt understand when i first started in car audio was that you're not giving your sub the ohm load, you're giving it to your amp. it depends on the rating of the sub that will give the amp the ohm load.

say you have a dual voice coil sub. when you wire them in parallel, you're going to give it have of it's rated ohm load (2 ohm sub would be a 1 ohm load) and if you wire it in series, you're going to double the ohm load (2 ohm sub would be a 4 ohm load) so if you have an amp that's rated 1000 watts @ 1 ohm, getting a 1000 watt dual voice coil 2 ohm sub would match that amp.

also the more ohms you have, the more resistance you have giving you less power.

running amps at higher ohm loads also enables them to run cooler, making the signal cleaner and more efficient

one thing that i didnt understand when i first started in car audio was that you're not giving your sub the ohm load, you're giving it to your amp. it depends on the rating of the sub that will give the amp the ohm load.

say you have a dual voice coil sub. when you wire them in parallel, you're going to give it have of it's rated ohm load (2 ohm sub would be a 1 ohm load) and if you wire it in series, you're going to double the ohm load (2 ohm sub would be a 4 ohm load) so if you have an amp that's rated 1000 watts @ 1 ohm, getting a 1000 watt dual voice coil 2 ohm sub would match that amp.

also the more ohms you have, the more resistance you have giving you less power.

running amps at higher ohm loads also enables them to run cooler, making the signal cleaner and more efficient

so instead of running my 2 subs of the 1 amp at lower ohm, get another amp allowing my sound quality to be better and have 1 sub per amp, allowing them to run at 4ohm each?

ca-f2.jpg

1 12 inch infinity 1240watts...only can fit that in a hilux single cab...

1 infinity 1000 watt mono block...

2 Hifonics Zues 6.5" Components

2 Hifonics Zues Tweeters

2 cross-over boxes

1 run of 4GA

200 Fuse

1 Kenwood Head-deck

you can have 1 amp run more than one sub, just as long as it can handle the power of both subs. example: 100 watt amp shouldnt push 5 100 watts subs. but you can power 2 50 watt subs with that 100 watt amp, or 4 25 watt subs. given that the ohm load is correct for the wiring. it all has to even out basically. having 2 amps wouldnt be a bad thing tho either. all in what you want

Another Question, on this lil chart i got with my sub it says it hits 105DB in-car at 40hz, thats for 1 sub and out of car it says it hits 90DB at 60hz, does that mean it will be double watever it says on that chart as i have two?

ca-f2.jpg

2 Hifonics Zues Tweeters

2 cross-over boxes

1 run of 4GA

200 Fuse

1 Kenwood Head-deck

general rule of thumb is that if you double cone area or double the power you will see a 3db increase...of course in the real world that could be no increase to an increase of 6dbs or more....but i believe what you are looking at is the efficiency of the sub...

i likes me some audio stuff...

general rule of thumb is that if you double cone area or double the power you will see a 3db increase...of course in the real world that could be no increase to an increase of 6dbs or more....but i believe what you are looking at is the efficiency of the sub...

effeciency? wats that, the quality?

its pretty good brand isnt it, infinity

ca-f2.jpg

2 Hifonics Zues Tweeters

2 cross-over boxes

1 run of 4GA

200 Fuse

1 Kenwood Head-deck

u r correct amatt

most subs have somehwere in the area of 85 db 1w/1m to 95 db 1w/1m

that is the sensitivity of the sub, if the sub has a higher sensitivity then it will be louder with less power but most likely wont be able to handle as much power as a lower sensitivity sub

ive seen dj party equipment that has like 98-100 db 1w/1m that only take like 500 watts max but its loud

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

u r correct amatt

most subs have somewhere in the area of 85 db 1w/1m to 95 db 1w/1m

that is the sensitivity of the sub, if the sub has a higher sensitivity then it will be louder with less power but most likely wont be able to handle as much power as a lower sensitivity sub

ive seen dj party equipment that has like 98-100 db 1w/1m that only take like 500 watts max but its loud

so your trying to say that, my sub has the higher DB reading but not very powerful, like i listen 2 music and on those short bass beats i feel my chest move

ca-f2.jpg

2 Hifonics Zues Tweeters

2 cross-over boxes

1 run of 4GA

200 Fuse

1 Kenwood Head-deck