Sonic Electronix

Hey i have 2 kicker cvr's in the kicker ported box and want soemthing better. The shops in my area dont have much but i have found a slot ported orion hp 12" sub and it sounded pretty good in the display room. I wasnt sure which would be louder. The orion sub is better but i have 2 cvr's so its hard to decide if its worth the upgrade. what do you think i should do?

Hey i have 2 kicker cvr's in the kicker ported box and want soemthing better. The shops in my area dont have much but i have found a slot ported orion hp 12" sub and it sounded pretty good in the display room. I wasnt sure which would be louder. The orion sub is better but i have 2 cvr's so its hard to decide if its worth the upgrade. what do you think i should do?

well youre doin the right thing by doing research.. times have changed and now most shops become null and void for us DIYers. tell us about your ride, your budget, your amp and we will help get ya rollin right.

- Infiniti QX4 - - 2 Digital Designs 9917s - - Digital Designs Z1 - - Digital Designs C3b -

subnoise-1.jpg

This is what i have at the moment

2 kicker cvr's in kickers ported box.

1 2 channel audiobahn A2150HCT to power the subs

and 4 guage wiring

My car is a VS Commodore acclaim S2.

I live in australia so prices are alot more expencive here.

My budget is around $800 to get a new sub and an amp if needed.

The shops in my area can supply Kicker, Pioneer, Earthquake, Orion, Kenwood, Cadence, Alpine and Clarion.

I just want something that will shake alot more than the cvr's.

Edited by DefQon

Try the kicker cvx's. You should be able to get 2 cvx 12's for the same price as orion's I'd imagine. I've heard some orion's in that stock box they come with (slot middle port looks nice) and those are loud. The 12's were actually louder than a set of cvr 15's this guy had in his impala. The orion 12's were way better and louder. If you like kicker and think you may like to stick with kicker try the cvx's they are very nice and get loud if you get an amp that has enough to power them. They are 750 rms/sub...

LINK to cvx

Link to hifonics amp I figured if you have an audiobahn you wouldn't mind a hifonics amp. The 2006d is overrated but should give you the 1500rms for the cvx's...LINK

I've heard 2 cvx's hooked to a crunch 3000.1 and it was loud but it blew a fuse before it could actually put power out. The amp was only hooked to a 30amp fuse and the 3000.1 uses 2 50 amp maxi fuses. The price on the 3000.1 is awesome so you kind of can't complain and many have said it does 1500rms...LINK

Not to mention you could get 2 of those for the price of any other amp that had a similar output...

Unfortunately they don't ship to Australia but try ebay and see what they have. Try someone local or a online place that is nearby

Alright last thing I promise your amp puts out 1200 watts I believe rms at 1 ohm. I don't know however if thats at 14 volts or where its at or perhaps it puts out more...according to the audiobahn website if you have 17.9 volts it will put out more but I don't know if thats more than 1200 or 1200 at that voltage...I'd hang onto your amp and try out the cvx's and if its not enough upgrade the amp! LINK TO YOUR AMP>>>

Edited by aquill1

I think ill just buy the orion sub and amp. Only thing im worried about is that my 2 cvr's might be moving more air because theres two of them and the upgrade will be a waste. The orion looks like it flex's alot more than the cvr's though.

im gona be buying a 1800w mono kenwood amp and the orion hp 12" in the slot ported box. The box is pretty big almost the size of the 2 kicker cvr's box.

I just wanted some last opinons if you think the single orion will beat the 2 cvr's.

most likely the cvr's will be louder

but u should at least try the woofer in ur car

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I just went back today to buy it and a different guy was serving and said $970 for the sub and amp when another said $820. so i gotta go back tomorrow to get the better price. I listened to the sub again though and it didnt sound as good as it first did. What other dual subs do you think could beat my cvr's for around the price im spending?

Well if you have that much money to spend, then you can buy a set up that will hit a whole lot harder. My batcap, wiring kit, subs, and amp only cost $830, I am in the mid 140's on TL, and that was the cost for everything! So if you can spend that much look around online, ebay, even on here. You can find a much better deal.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

Yeah im gona go look around a bit more today. I live in australia so your $830 setup would cost me about $1200. Online carstereo seems alright not sure how much it will come to if i get it shipped. Can get dual Orion hp12's for $540 that would beat my kickers for sure. except itll probably cost a bit more for shipping. Ill just keep looking round for now.