N8, you'll be proud of me... I finally got it finished!CPL pics pg2!

Just as the title says, building an AR platform from the ground up. Went to Creekside Custom yesterday, and after much back and forth with my friend (the head 'smith and owner), I flip flopped from having him build me a converted Saiga to going with a ground up AR build.

He said he would gladly build the rifle for me, but he suggested I give it a go myself, and if I have any issues, I have access to his shop and knowledge to make it happen. Not going to be a ridiculous all out build, but it should be pretty nice when I'm done. I did the paperwork last night and came home with a stripped CMMG MK-4 multi-caliber lower, and a DPMS lower parts kit. Heading to the gun show in a few minutes to look around and will most likely come home with some more goodies for it. Should only take me a couple weeks to get the whole rifle built. Isnt much to look at yet, but I'll get some pics up when I get home. Woot for the evil "black rifle"!!

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Before you put the crappy trigger in look into a geiselle or if on a tighter budget a spikes battle trigger. Huge improvements over a gritty stock trigger. A lower is easy to put together. Just make sure you do the mods you want the first time. Ambisafety etc. Hardest part for me was getting the buffer tube lined up right. The detention hit myself in the forehead a few times lol

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Post up some pics bro of the build as it comes together :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

N8 the "crappy" trigger is going in, most likely.. with a little bit of love, it can be made better from what ive been told. Dont forget, I am building this with the help of a 20+ year master gunsmith so I'll gladly go with his advice and pointers, ive shot his builds using same gear Im using and they are plenty good for the time being, this is more of a mid- budget build, can't afford to go balls to the wall if I want a working rifle in short order. I'm also not opposed to taking shit apart and rebuilding once it's done and I want to upgrade.

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Here's what Ive acquired between last night and this mornings gun show. I couldve walked out of the show with every piece needed... but Im not positive on what brands I want to use for the upper.. and this pile of stuff will keep my busy for a bit.

Stuffforlower.jpg

CMMG MK-4 multicaliber lower

CMMGMK4lower.jpg

GMG 6 position stock assembly

GMG6position.jpg

Don't need them quite yet but the price was right so I grabbed a couple P-mags

P-mag.jpg

I also grabbed a couple tools that'll make life a bit easier when I put this thing together, not pictured is the roll pin tool so I can get that little spring and pin in there then get the roll pin started.

ARWrench.jpg

Gun show was fun, took my boy with me, had fun buying shit for this project and we also bought a bunch of 9mm ammo, some .223, a couple mags for some of our pistols.... Overall, it was a good day tater.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Sat down for a bit before dinner and laid everything I have so far out on a towel and grabbed a few tools.

I didnt really take any pictures once I got rolling... I get to focused on the task at hand and dont bother to stop for pics. I got the entire lower assembled and function tested. Took me about 2 hrs from the time I got my ass off the couch to the time I was finished cleaning up. Did the entire assembly from my head, just did my best to remember everything my buddy told me, and a video I kind of half watched a couple days ago. I did de-burr and polish the trigger and sear contact areas, and IMO the trigger has a bit of a long pull to it, but it is damn smooth. The DPMS LPK trigger group fit great, and it will be more than adequate for the time being. Not as bad as you had me thinking it would feel N8. Heres the couple pics I took.

Laid out a towel and spread out the parts:

start.jpg

Remembered to take a pic after I got the mag release in, then I got rolling and forgot about the camera:

magrelease.jpg

Got it all finished up, then remembered that I wanted to take pictures along the way, lol.

finishedlower.jpg

And for now I am out of parts. Tempted to go back to the gun show tomorrow and grab a few more odds and ends.. but most likely this will be all the progress until this time next week. Woot for the evil "black rifle".

:snipersmilie:

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

photobucket-12265-1331772734108.jpg

That's the one I need to finish.

Magpul Moe grip and stock.

Magpul trigger well

Spikes battle trigger

Magpul single point sling plate

Ambi safety

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

That gonna be a 5.56 N8? Or something else??

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

5.56 I'm trying to consolidate calibers at this point. With 10 calibers it makes stocking up kinda tough

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived