Sundown Audio

Test: Sundown Saz-1500d Vs Rf T10001bd

Derrick824

Yeah, I would assume that since the RF 1000 amp is drawing more power, that it would actually be more powerful? and since RF under rates all there amps tremendously, Iam sure this amp is 1500rms anyways on the birth sheet

And the fact the RF amp is pulling more power than the Sundown, yet the sundown puts out about 1/10th more db than the RF amp, there has to be some slightly different technology between the 2 amps

Maybe the Sundown is just overall more efficient?

But yeah, definitly a 1000 to a 1000 or a 1500 to a 1500

or even best yet a Rf3000 to a Sundown 3000

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

How old is the design of the RF?

I don't quite understand why RF underrates their amps... there are a few reasons I think they do it.

so why do you think they underrate their amps then bro?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

i would like to see them compared.RFT1500.1 to a SAZ 1500.just to see how the new RF amps compares.

im running the new 1500.1 4of them and with gains at about 1/4 im easily getting close to 2000 out of each dont know the currnt draw but they beat the shit out of my DC's

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

i would like to hear the reasons too.

my thought on the reasons for under rating...

wouldnt it be great to buy a car with a top speed rating of 120mph and get it up to 160!

it would be shittier to buy an amp that under-performs

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

im running the new 1500.1 4of them and with gains at about 1/4 im easily getting close to 2000 out of each dont know the currnt draw but they beat the shit out of my DC's

I haven't personally had the pleasure of testing these new power amp yets but I know the highest birthsheet I've seen so far was 1700+watts. Put a clamp meter on those 2000watters and get back to me with the reading. As far as comparing one to the Sundown 1500d, well the Sundown has a max rated 160a current draw and the RF T1500-1bd has a max rated 200a current draw. If its pulling more current then hopefully its putting out more power.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

I haven't personally had the pleasure of testing these new power amp yets but I know the highest birthsheet I've seen so far was 1700+watts. Put a clamp meter on those 2000watters and get back to me with the reading. As far as comparing one to the Sundown 1500d, well the Sundown has a max rated 160a current draw and the RF T1500-1bd has a max rated 200a current draw. If its pulling more current then hopefully its putting out more power.

should i test with a sine wave(say 50 or 60hz) or music. i will do the testing at work tomarrow. that is where i keep my dmm and amp clamp. i was getting the 2k readind converting ac voltage etc. had 44-45 volts peak hold on music @1ohm

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

if its RF,you know its going to put out more power than rated.t1000.1 is rated 1000 watts

and puts out over 500 watts rated(average).

smd2.gif

2002 nissan frontier crewcab

eclipse cd2000

mb quart prem's fr&rear

rf p4004

Archived