Second Skin Audio

best 150 dollar subwoofer?

Hey guys I originally wanted to upgrade my system to a single woofer, and I was willing to spend around 300 for one

I was actually looking at maybe some ssa's or some fi bls. Pretty much any beefy 15 or 18 that ran around 300 or so dollars. But I got to thinking and maybe I could cut the price in half and get two woofers and hopefully get more, if not double watts rms, and more surface area and more watts = louder? Anyways I've been stuck with what to do, id want it in a vented Inclosure, i listen to rap and dubstep. I might buy a Mb quart onyx amp. Can any of you give me any ideas for the best subwoofer that i can get for 150 or so, with the greatest powerhandeling? Thanks for the input guys, trying to sort out the future system!

Skarr VVX or SA-12s.

If you're going for a single 15, maybe Sundown Z ( about as beefy as you can get for a 15 near that price ).

I've honestly never heard SSA Brand subs, & I'm too much of a pussy to give them a benefit of the doubt to purchase them. ;p

New Setup;

H/U; Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Wiring; 2 runs of 2/0 OFC & Big 3.

Subs; 2 D1 DC Level 4s.

Monoblock; DC 3.5k.

4 Channel; JBL GTO1004.

Highs; Vifa NE25VTS-04.

Mids; Aura NS6-255-8A.

Alt; 160a.

Batts; Optima, KHC1800.

My Obsidian 15 is $158 + shipping, 600W RMS, and is pretty beast even in my crappy temporary enclosure. Not going to get a much better power handling woofer for that price though. Maybe consider used?

The 12's are $138+ shipping, if you couldn't fit the 15's. What vehicle is this going into?

EDIT:

SSA's aren't all that popular around this forum, but they do have good quality subs like Fi, Sundown, Skar, Ascendant, etc.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

a Kia rio hatch, I got enough room, idk about two 15s though I'm going to look into some custom built boxes. And i can't decide whether to get 2 weaker subs or to get one beefy high powered one. I was looking at a 1.5k rms 18s and 15s but I'm afraid I'll buy it and it wouldn't be as loud as i thought, or it could not be as loud as two 12s or 15s with less than half the powerhandeling each.

Like a 1200/1500 watt 18 or 15 vs two 600 watt rms 12s or 15s

In a decent box which set up would be louder?

Oh and what about some decent 1k rms woofers? If i could get a couple of those maybe i could save up some more and go that route

I think this is a vs. thread IB4L

My System (in VW golf/Rabbit mk2)

(1) Hifonics Brutus 2010D @ 1ohm

(1) Hifonics Zeus 440 Mids'nhighs

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1) Ac Delco120ah 850cca battery (front)

(1) Ac Delco 45ah 330cca battery (rear)

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg

Asking which would be louder would be against the rules, you can only really ask for suggestions on which woofers you could get for a certain price and application. But I will say this, both could get loud when done right.

EDIT:

And those 1000RMS SSA and Incriminator subs look pretty nice, and now that I think of it maybe you can look into the Govment Cheese woofers from Techforce Services. They seem to be a great option for you! They're basically modified DC Level 4's. (Modified for better cooling)

I was thinking of getting those, but wasn't sure if my SAE1200D would be too much for 1, or too little for 2. I got the Obsidians do to their value, and because I like Sundown, and Jacob (Owner of Sundown), is coowner of Obsidian.

There are loads of people with awesome one sub setups.

Comparing sub setups is considered a "vs thread", and your thread will be locked if a mod thinks it is. Not trying to be a rent a mod, just trying to help you!

you can't ask questions like that because there are way too many factors that effect the response you get. pretty much any of the brands already mentioned in this thread won't disappoint, but the rest is up to you. personally, Id go with one big woofer over 2 smaller ones. As long as the box is built to spec, it should be decently loud.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Archived