DC Sound Lab

interesting problem>>>

I spent a weekend testing freg, amps, volts, imp rise, batteries and writing everything down. I have done this a few times before but my setup changes from time to time and I have to do it again. So here is what I am curious about. Two level 5s one of the two is right next to the port it is a ssnw box. Both amps set to 100 volts then I hook up the wires to the subs and test imp rise to each sub. Sub closest to the port is going to be different due to less box pressure I know but how do I adjust or what can I do to improve the situation. I have around 11,000 watts of clean power from the amps but can only use around 6,500 watts due to the big difference in backpressure on the two subs. two 18” level 5s I have the box apart right now and making changes so this would be a good time to try something if anybody has any ideas. Last test I did had me at 155.7 db, freg 46hz, 6,500 watts with 1 and a half times rise.

mobile chornobyl

I spent a weekend testing freg, amps, volts, imp rise, batteries and writing everything down. I have done this a few times before but my setup changes from time to time and I have to do it again. So here is what I am curious about. Two level 5s one of the two is right next to the port it is a ssnw box. Both amps set to 100 volts then I hook up the wires to the subs and test imp rise to each sub. Sub closest to the port is going to be different due to less box pressure I know but how do I adjust or what can I do to improve the situation. I have around 11,000 watts of clean power from the amps but can only use around 6,500 watts due to the big difference in backpressure on the two subs. two 18” level 5s I have the box apart right now and making changes so this would be a good time to try something if anybody has any ideas. Last test I did had me at 155.7 db, freg 46hz, 6,500 watts with 1 and a half times rise.

P5110119.jpg

this is an old pic of the box i am working with subs are now much closer and port area is much larger.

mobile chornobyl

With that much power, why are you running at such a low frequiency ?? Shouldn't you be tuned closer to 65 htz ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

With that much power, why are you running at such a low frequiency ?? Shouldn't you be tuned closer to 65 htz ??

thanks to everyone for the input. i am shooting for around 59 hz with my new box which i am just finishing. 59 hz should help with some of the cancellation issues. 59 hz is the limit i think this year for ssnw.

mobile chornobyl

freq for ss1-2 is 80 hz for the 2012 season anytime you have a box like that loading is going to be diffrent between the 2 subs, i did NW for some time

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

freq for ss1-2 is 80 hz for the 2012 season anytime you have a box like that loading is going to be diffrent between the 2 subs, i did NW for some time

i know you did. want to share any tips ?

mobile chornobyl

untitled-1.jpg

this is where i am at with the new box. there is still a lot of rounding to do on the port. the left side of the port is squared to fit some sort of loading wall that i am trying.

2-1.jpg

got my wires tucked up out of the way.

mobile chornobyl

update on loading and freg changes to this box 156.29 @51hz box is still pretty rough though. i am still only using about 8k out of the 12k i have.

mobile chornobyl