Second Skin Audio

need guidance with sub selection

Smh, Fi's are NOT souped up Sony Explods. You can view plainly on their website how well they are built. They are one HELL of a woofer for the price.

lol x2 this. when you order a fi sub from their site, they start building it FROM SCRATCH. i mean, they cut the pole piece from a block of aluminum. same for the top plate and bottom plate. every single piece is assembled by hand, hence why the site says "allow 2 weeks for built time" or whatever

i am meeting tomorrow with a pro installer that i worked with at circuit city many years ago. we are going to go over box and sub specs. no one i have talked to has ever heard of FI subs, are these subs really good or are they all hype and just suped up sony explodes? i am very leery of all these brands that no one seems to have heard of. it was recommended to me that MTX 9000's would work very well, how do they compare with the FI's?

Take a few days and look around on here...you will learn ridiculously fast that if anyone is close to sony Xplods out of the subs mentioned in this thread..its the Kickers LOL.

At the price point its hard to beat the Obsidian Audio's...they are releasing an 18" too. But look at Sundown, Incriminator, Skar, FI, DC, PSI, Ascendant Audio etc...same suggestion as everyone else.

Dual SA-15's in a optimal ported box would be a good match for that zx1500....but they could probably take one zx1500 each....

The bigest factor here out of all the brands everyone will recommend is the box. If your box is wrong it will suck...regardless if it a DD Z sub or a 10" BOSS.

Have someone on here help you out with enclosure design...because my guess is that if no one you talk to knows FI than they probably shouldnt build you your box either.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

ok, who can help me build a box for a single fiBL tuned for maximum frequency response? so long as i get more frequency response than kickers ill be happy. i dont think im willing to let go of all the SBL yet so the Q is out for me. it is going in the back seat of my quad cab 99 dodge ram and i would like to keep a bit of space open for some small tools. i intend to bring this forum to the sub box builder and go over it with him. im confident this guy can get a good box made given the right information.

nothing, gutted

ok, who can help me build a box for a single fiBL tuned for maximum frequency response? so long as i get more frequency response than kickers ill be happy. i dont think im willing to let go of all the SBL yet so the Q is out for me. it is going in the back seat of my quad cab 99 dodge ram and i would like to keep a bit of space open for some small tools. i intend to bring this forum to the sub box builder and go over it with him. im confident this guy can get a good box made given the right information.

Get a design from someone on here and just have him follow the cut list and glue/screw the box together for you. Also, boxes on seats are a big NO-NO. They are very dangerous in the event of an accident.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Where you from,

as in austuralia 99.8% of installers have hever herd of them either,

I use most of the brand suggested with exception to orbision, and just wish some companys would bring them in, so shipping wasn't so high, but why would they when the can sell mainstream brands at 3-4 times the price you get them for,

Once I started install theis sub, word of mouth soon got around that they can have a cheap sub(well cheap to us) that will go loud and sound good doing it for less the 1/2 of the mainstream brands

i live in MN, usa. im still leaning towards the BL but we shall see how things go. also this is a bit of an unplanned buy since i had 2 perfectly good kickers untill they were stolen so, 400 is actually twice what i have to spend. seems my suspension upgrade will take a further push back. as for the brand, i understand there are great brands that just spend less in advertising and thus are heard of less but doing this search into subs has thrown so many new brands at me that i am totally lost. up untill a week ago i knew of kickers as the best cheap sub, JL as the king, sony as the laughing stock, alpine as the mid range, MTX were good and make shit subs outside of there highest end, and then rockford that are good for the price. i knew nothing outside of this...

nothing, gutted