Second Skin Audio

SUBS in seperate chambers.. setting freq. diff?????????

WILL IT WORK? without sounding like complete shit. i got two l7 15s in a ported box thats tuned to around 34 or some shit and the subs are in seperate chambers... so could i run one sub on one of my t1000 and on the amp set it so it does the low low bass and then set the other on my other t1000 to hit the higher notes.... any input? thank you

The random noises my friend's makes would be enough to make me want to take it out and smash it with a sledgehammer. I think it'd get more hits than the review you were thinking of ;)

ummmmm.id set them the same. what your thinking about doing is weird to me, specially if box is together.

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

what does cancel eachother out mean. there both ran on different amps AND there own battery. 340amp alt up front.. dual 1/0 for + and - ran to the rear batterys.. dual 1/0 big3 and batt grounds... my middle name is overkill

The random noises my friend's makes would be enough to make me want to take it out and smash it with a sledgehammer. I think it'd get more hits than the review you were thinking of ;)

So what you want one to be a sub and one to be mid bass? Same subs with same specs on same power in sepearete but equal enclosures. Your not going to make them play different frequencies. You'll be able to make them sound like ass if you set the amps wrong though.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

when you double you subs you get about a +3db gain, for a start you lose that,

secondly when you set the crossovers they will be about a 6db slope (they drop 6db per octave)

so when 1 sub is playing in a 6db+ difference at the same hz you will only here the lower db one as higher one is canceled out

these figures are not exact as i dont not you exact setup,

but you will lose a lot of sound and not be as loud+ will sound like shit

Edited by john253a

yeah so basically the subs will not play anything and it will sound like shit when the freq. bounce around in a song? like they will "take turns".. lmao

No they'll both play. Just one not as loud. And it will sound like shit. It is possible but not the way your planning on doing it.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Yes - you can do this no problem. I think you are just saying set the low pass filter higher on one than the other.

Some people do this same thing with DVC subwoofers.

Edited by bkolfo4

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

what does cancel eachother out mean. there both ran on different amps AND there own battery. 340amp alt up front.. dual 1/0 for + and - ran to the rear batterys.. dual 1/0 big3 and batt grounds... my middle name is overkill

So you have a 340amp alt charging 2 batteries with dual runs of + and - to the rear but you want to make 2 subs in the same box but seperate chambers play different frequencies? First off your filters need to be set at a certain level to keep from destroying your subs in that enclosure. Playing lower than your tuning is bad for your subs. Second not that it cant be done but...........yeah it will sound like complete garbage. Don't know what your trying to accomplish but if you want your subs to play lower then tune your box lower and then get some midbass to pickup where the subs cutout at.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg