Second Skin Audio

Finished Built 4DD3500g 10's Box

Hey all figure I would start posting more my builds on the Forum I just finished my new box for my 4 DD3500g 10's Coming in in the following week or two.

4 DD3500's 10's Flush Mounted, Tuned 34.5hz, 1.2cu per Woofer.

This is my first box I ever Flush Mounted and didn't come out how i would have liked but i will test fit when they come in..

I used two 3in 45's in the back corners to direct the sound towards the port which might help

:P and did a 2x2 brace in between both woofers. I might Truck bed liner my box to hide alot of my inperfections like the screws I should have made them a little more stright. But my guess this should pound and yes this is a trunk box port fired into the cabin.

2mo6t0p.png

dq12r5.jpg

33e63c5.jpg

zstr2f.jpg

a0xyrn.jpg

02 Nissan Sentra

4 DD 3500g 10's

Crescendo Audio 3500 @ .5ohms

Soundstream EGA4220

Fronts German Mestreo 6.5 Component Set 110Rms

Rears RE XXX 6.5 Component Set 2ohms 220RMS

1 Dyralast Gold 1000Amp Battery

1 Vmax 2000amp Battery

DC Power Inc 270XP Amp Alternator

BIG 3 Upgraded

All 1/0AWG Setup

8 1/0 Awg Runs

When I use PVC I get flanges and grind out the stop lip so it can slip all the way over the pipe

Then I use plumbing glue on the flange to pipe and silicon on the flang face to mdf and screw or bolt it to the mdf

Nice first build.

Didn't come out that bad, I've seen a lot worse

As long as it's sealed up and port is tuned propley once it's got paint or carpet you wont no the difference,

Happy building

ive built a lot of boxes before this is just a new build im doing from my old XXX 12s im going to be using truck bed liner and will be painting the port too. i build and seal all my boxes with PL Premium Advance and works better then anything else and if you buy the right stuff theres lots of different kinds the one i use helps reduce the amount of bracing needed..

What did you use to seal the port?

i sealed the whole inside with the same glue i used for the box and i actually cut the hole smaller just slightly smaller then needed so its snug and beat the port in with a board on top and used a hammer to pound it in and checked for light to come out the other side.

ive built aero port boxes before it is tuned correctly i was shooting for 35 so i did 34.5 according to torres because i added some extra bracing then what was figured on the calc to get closer to 35 i ended up running it through bassbox and came out to 35.2hz ish..

for now i also kept the rubber ring in there just so see maybe..if it helps or makes it worse it will be out eventually..

Edited by FiNaLaLmAsY

02 Nissan Sentra

4 DD 3500g 10's

Soundstream EGA4220

1 Vmax 2000amp Battery

BIG 3 Upgraded

All 1/0AWG Setup

8 1/0 Awg Runs

Some updates today...for loading on the back woofers I added 2 "walls" 5in a piece with a round over of 1/4in. and added a middle 45 angled wall for a better frequency response.

a1kex2.jpg

10dbmva.jpg

f2bsz.jpg

02 Nissan Sentra

4 DD 3500g 10's

Soundstream EGA4220

1 Vmax 2000amp Battery