Second Skin Audio

2 18's in trunk???

qcbangin

so your trunk can give 12 cubes net? and then more for port? i doubt it....2 12s sealed forward would own 2 18s

I can't do sealed forward. The seats don't fold down, and there is like a deck in the trunk behind the backseat that is only like 8-10" tall

so your trunk can give 12 cubes net? and then more for port? i doubt it....2 12s sealed forward would own 2 18s

I can't do sealed forward. The seats don't fold down, and there is like a deck in the trunk behind the backseat that is only like 8-10" tall

ill put it this way, i used to run a dd 9518 in a hatch, i also heard the same sub in a trunk car with metal behind the seats, needless to say it was no where near the same.

Actually, there is only the factory deadener in the trunk. Jason Digos and I built this in 2003 and at the time, we were working for Rockford. I had run out of DeadSkin (Rockford's sound deadener) and intended to finish that at a later time . . . which never happened. Jason designed the baffle board in such a way that there were no big gaps between it and the metal structure. After he bolted it in, I sealed it around the perimeter with silicone caulk. All holes and gaps along the sides of the baffle board behind the seat structure were sealed with 1/4" MDF or ABS plastic and caulk. I closed off the "flow thru" ventilation between the vents in the door jambs and the trunk by stuffing that area with acoustic foam - and I do mean a LOT of it.

This system is now about 8 years old and works as great today as it did then.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

It plays louder between 20Hz and 40Hz than most people can fathom for a "pair" of woofers. Plus it's incredibly accurate. Yep, a big ol' ported box would definitely be louder above the tuning frequency.

so if you had a hand in the build, do you think my idea is possible?

Archived