Second Skin Audio

3 KICKERS BLOWED IN 3 WEEKS

First off, the amp didnt blow the subs b/c of too much power. If anything not enough power, and underpowereing doesnt kill subs, so that theory is ruled out. You probably had them wired wrong. That should have blown the amp, and not the subs though. You were on the right track with kicker subs, but you need a better amp, and make sure it is wired to the correct ohm load.

ie: if you have 2 dual 4ohm woofers,then you would need an amp that puts out its rated power at 1ohm.

u can blow them by underpowering them. thats what clipping is. he didnt put enough power to them, so they blew.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

the clipping is not what blows a woofer.. i used to think that also.. what happens is a clipped signal drives an amplifier "too much" causing it to put out alot more "dirty" power.. if there is such a thing considering the amp being used...lol..

so now you got that much more power that will in turn overdrive the woofer..

the only 2 things that cause a woof to pop is overpower, and over excursion... period

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

ok thanks everyone for the help i think to stop all of this i just need to get a better amp like a planet audio r a power auckostic n some cvr's or some cvx's

rims.jpg2 12" Kicker cvx1 proacoustic 4 now either quantum audio amp r Ma audio nextKenwood dash4 gauge wire pioneer in the doorsjvc in the back

Distorton is not a "main" cause of a blown speaker..  For instance.. I can send a hummmm jl audio w310v2 50 watts of pure distortion, square wave and it wont pop. Now when you take a woofer and match its rms value with an amp that is of the same value, then send it distortion the amp will in fact start producing more power than its rms. the is what over drives a speaker, also why alot of folks blame distortion on popped woofs..

Trust me i used to think that distortion was the only thing to blow a speaker, i was so wrong..

For the record i have not blown a speaker in over 9 years. If you know what to look and listen for, you will be fine.

Like my accord, i have 2 re re series 12's.. with 500rms going to each 1.  sounds great, can i cook them??? without a doubt, but i know when to calm down..

/rant

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz