Sonic Electronix

Need some ideas on sub sizes/number??

I am currently fixing my 1990 GMC Sierra 1500 single cab after a wreck. After it is fixed, I plan on adding a good stereo system. It currently just has two old he 10 fosgates that just get me through. I am now ready to get the best stereo that I can for around $8000.

So for subs, this is what I have room for. Please voice your opinion on what you would choose. I am open to other options, but I basically have only 3 cubes total, 7in mounting depth in middle of box, and two Fosgate Power 1500bdcp's to run them.

These are the options I have researched. I can fit: 6 Sundown sa8v2's (ported), 3 Sundown sa10's (ported) or 4 (sealed), 2 Sundown sa12's, 2 DC level 4 10's (ported), 2 DC XL 10's (ported), 2 Fosgate T1 10's (ported), 3 RE sxx/sex 10's (ported), 2 DD 3500 series 10's (ported).

That's all I can think of right now. Open to all opinions. Thanks.

Edited by Volvo63'

I vote sa 8's for you...not sure about 6 of them though, try 4 with plenty of port :)

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

I forgot to add that this will be mainly an sq build (I listen mostly to classic rock), but when I want to bump, I wanna bump.

Yes I meant 8000, but not just for the subs, and staying around 6500 would be nicer. I plan on also going with four sets of fosgate t3 components, four fosgate power 600-4's, one 360.3 processor, a pioneer 7inch flip out, 3 xs 3100's, all knu concepts,monster cable, and streetwires power cables, speaker cable, and rca's.

And it WILL fit. :)

Edited by Volvo63'

I envy your budget first of all lol. I have heard that too many 8's can cause problems unless you find the right box to house them. I think you should go with 2 dc lvl 4 10's. They seem to have a better resale price than if you were to go with a big brand like Fosgate. I still love Fosgate but I would prefer a different brand for subs.

What do you mean that too many 8's can cause problems? Just so you no the last box I built we tried to destroy, and we drove a 3/4 ton ford on it and it didn't break.

I don't know much about unloading so I'll just quote someone else lol

only thing is i would be careful running that many 8's in a common chamber...unloading issues have happened in the to those who have tried..some however have had no issue with it lol so port placement will be key and just something to keep an eye on...build looks good tho good numbers for a pair of 8's :good:

I plan on also going with four sets of fosgate t3 components, four fosgate power 600-4's, two 360.3 processors, a pioneer 7inch flip out, 3 xs 3100's, all knu concepts,monster cable, and streetwires power cables, speaker cable, and rca's.

And it WILL fit. :)

Honestly think you should just slow down man. Quality over quantity. Four component sets seems like a bit much for such a small cabin space. You're not running an insane amount of subs or power, so it's not like you need something to keep up with the bass. And four 4-channels? Why do you need 16 channels of amplification? And what could two 360.3's accomplish that can't be done with one?

Also, just do a blow-through. :twirl: