Second Skin Audio

Ok, so here are a few ideas and designs I've been kicking around. Please excuse the not so pretty and detailed drawings. I have 4 Alpine Typer R 12s and a Crossfire 2000d. I will be cutting the cab and bed to do a cut through and can't seem to make up my mind which way I wanna go. Just wanted some input and thoughts and one over the others.

Idea1.jpg

Idea2.jpg

Idea3.jpg

Idea4.jpg

I like the first and the third design the best. I think they'd give you the most output and least cancellation. I think I'll go different altogether, but you're free to have at the designs for your setup. Are you wanting a sixth order type design. What you have there is not a 4th order, and not truly a 6th either. Maybe a quasi 6th?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Well I prefer the 1st and 3rd as well. Everyone calls them something different. Quasi 6th seems to be a common name. I know the type r's are not the best in the world, but the truck they are going in is a single cab '86 s10 so its not exactly spacious or beautiful lol. Plus not to be a smartass but I already have the equipment and asking for box tips not equipment change. Believe it or not the type r's have done very well for me, after all most of it is in the box right?

Alot of people hate, but the type R's i used to have did amazingly well. And I've since upgraded to serious equipment, so I know good speakers. But, like he said, he's not asking about equipment, just box designs. I believe the first design will give you the least cancellation...but at the same time, idk shit about bandpass boxes, so don't listen to me.

mivtCK.png

I've used a type R before in a bandpass (single 12") and they are a nice sub for the price and all things considered. What type of sound are you trying to get out of them?

Check this box design out, I've always wanted to do one but your situation seems like it could fit, you would iso the subs.

http://www.decware.com/whornok.htm

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db