Sundown Audio

Amp Clips Immediately, Buzzing Noise from Subs

OrionStang

RCA's? I once had an alpine that did the same thing it turned out it was HU it would send bad signals got a new HU and amp was good. I say try it out in your ride to see wassup.

No doubt. The dude was running a pair of T25001's with no issue, so I don't know. We'll see what it does in my car, just got new rca's.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Definetley on the input side...sounds like rca or a preamp grounding issue...that's the buzzing noise...id check amp rcas ...if amp didn't have a good dround it will search for ground and use the rcas as ground... that's why when hooking amp up do rcas last always

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Definetley on the input side...sounds like rca or a preamp grounding issue...that's the buzzing noise...id check amp rcas ...if amp didn't have a good dround it will search for ground and use the rcas as ground... that's why when hooking amp up do rcas last always

I really, really hope so. But like I said, Chode was there, and I think he knows what he's doing, as far as ground and all that.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

No idea....

But, if it powers up ok, and doesnt jump straight into protect or thermal.... (remember, im just going off the, as soon as the gain is touched deal) maybe the pot. gain adjustment is a little on the south bro?,.,,,,,,

With Nick being there, i doubt anything was on the strange,.. wiring wise... and what could cause a FET or supply to just take a dump?....

Fuck,... what ever it is... i hope its somewhat simple, and cheap my friend....... also, please keep us informed bro....

edit - "as soon as the gain is touched it goes directly into a hard clip"

Archived