Sonic Electronix

Kenwood excelen x395 is right around 1001000w bucks 6 channel rcas 4volt preamp

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Why not just get 2 Y-Splitters? One for the left one for the right.

Could you get me a link?

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=240-125

Sorry I gave you the wrong link the first time. You need the single female to dual male. This is the correct link

Maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't he need 4(y splitters) total and 1male to 2 female? I did this to my buddies vehicle and we used 4(y splitters) total usually 2 come in a pack.

OP Do you currently have a sub amp hooked up? And will you be requiring all 4 channels plus a sub output?

EDIT: Sorry I gave you the wrong link the first time. You need the single female to dual male.

^ this could also be done at the amp, however you still need 1male to 2female behind deck on both right and left output rca's

Please clarify for me do you only have one total output rca behind deck? or do you only have one left?

Edited by JR2011bu

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

Why not just get 2 Y-Splitters? One for the left one for the right.

Could you get me a link?

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=240-125

Sorry I gave you the wrong link the first time. You need the single female to dual male. This is the correct link

OP Do you currently have a sub amp hooked up? And will you be requiring all 4 channels plus a sub output?

Yes I do have a sub amp hooked up and yes to the second(I think).

If your amps are close enough or stacked, you could get 2 of these:

metra-rca-y-cable-1-male-2-female-0-5-ft-3-1.jpg

RCA from deck into the Y-Splitters, Y-Splitters into your amps. One for the left channel, one for the right.

Or.... you could get 2 of these and 2 more RCAs and 2 RCA butt connectors:

204223809.jpg

RCA out of head unit into left and right butt connecters (female on both ends), then left and right to this Y-Splitter, then run 2 RCAs to each of your amps.

Or.... like Tebo and other said, you could get a head unit with front, rear, and subwoofer 4 volt outputs. Maybe around 150-200 retail. :unknw:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

If your amps are close enough or stacked, you could get 2 of these:

metra-rca-y-cable-1-male-2-female-0-5-ft-3-1.jpg

RCA from deck into the Y-Splitters, Y-Splitters into your amps. One for the left channel, one for the right.

Or.... you could get 2 of these and 2 more RCAs and 2 RCA butt connectors:

204223809.jpg

RCA out of head unit into left and right butt connecters (female on both ends), then left and right to this Y-Splitter, then run 2 RCAs to each of your amps.

Or.... like Tebo and other said, you could get a head unit with front, rear, and subwoofer 4 volt outputs. Maybe around 150-200 retail. :unknw:

I'm kinda lost with what your saying but this is my interpretation which may be far off. So I would buy two, and One of them I would plug the male say into the white plug, then the other one I would plug into the red? Hope that makes sense

Yeah, now I am confused. ;D

The short of it is- the Y-Splitter just splits your RCA signal. You would need two (one for the left, one for the right). Then you would have 2 outputs for the left and 2 outputs for the right. How you get them into the amp with male/female ends is up to your application.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Here's what you need to do

1. Make sure you have your head unit set so that the RCAs are putting out a full range signal.

2. Check your current amp to see if it has RCA outputs. It should just be a second set of RCA jacks just like the inputs, only it's labeled "output."

3. If the amp you have now doesn't have an output, see if the mids and highs amp you're looking for has one.

4. If either amp has outputs, use that. Just run the RCAs from your head unit to input on one amp, then from the output on that amp to the other amp's input. This is the easiest and most cost-effective way.

5. If none of the above apply, do what they said. Get some y-splitters. You have google and [hopefully] some common knowledge. You should be able to figure out if you need male/female from there.

6. If you DO get y-splitters, remember that one splitter is left and one is right. So, one splitter should be connected to right channel on one amp AND right channel on the other amp. Same with left. Also take into consideration, splitters are generally less than a foot long.

Also, Y-Slpitters can be picked up from radio shack for around $5 a pop, not to bad for local!

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm