Second Skin Audio

My Girlfriends Box -1 12" Bandpass

why cant you fuckers actually help the guy? i swear to god every time someone mentions a girl, half the forums' dicks get hard

Carefull what you ask for, someone just may give it. You want me to give them my .02? I'll go one better, here's a whole $1

Im trying to figure out the best box for my girls car.

Its a 97 Accord sedan, with the drop down armrest, and access hole into the trunk.

Why? Do you spend that much time in her car or are you looking to get crowned BF of the year? Just sayin man, if your already getting tail spend the extra effort on your ride. Does she try to figure out the best building technique when she makes you sandwhich?

Right now i will be using a 12" Fosgate HX2.

Great sub, 96.89% of girls/women would love it in a simple ported box with an adequate amp. If your girl is in teh other 3.11% please direct me to the thread she started in her cooking forum on how to create the worlds greatest BLT for you, or pot pie. Cause your going outta your way for her, i'm just watching out for you and making sure she's doing teh same.

She like the Bestbuy-style, generic bandpass boxes, which would work well for her, because sh is always carrying stuff in her trunk, and i don't want to hurt the sub.

Plus grilles look tacky in my opinion.

F' her then. if she's already complaining about what style box she likes and all this other crap those are huge red flags that she's miserable and will always be up your ass about one thing or another. Put the shitiest box you can build in that trunk and see how she reacts. This will acomplish a few diffrent things.

1) Her reaction. if she doesnt appreciate the fact that you did anything dump her! A good girl worth keeping will be a happy camper.

2) Repo ease: in a few months when you find out she's worth less than the Thunder in the NBA Finals you can just pop the trunk cut a few wires and pull that bad boy right out. Leave her busted on teh side of the road. Or worse case scenario you just abandone it.

3)Long term use: if you do date for a while and she drops suttle hints that she may enjoy louder deeper bass you can always upgrade her system as V-day, X-mas, B-Day gifts. Win mutha fuckin Win!! Or you can just pull stuff outta your ride, tos it in hers and ugrade your shit! ABT my man, ABT! (Always Be Thinking!)

So I want to build her a 4th order sub forward, port forward, bandpass box with plexi covering the sub, just like the cheapy boxes.

SHE tells you what SHE likes and your gonna go ahead and do what YOU want? Relationship suicide

But i also want it to sound good, and be able to hold some power, if i ever go ip to a bigger sub in the future.

Future? Whens the wedding? I've been married 7 years been with her for over 10. You know what's in her Honda Pilot? OEM!

Unless she's begging for the shit I gotta ask again, why are you not spending teh time and money on your ride?? PLEASE DONT TELL ME YOU DONT HAVE A CAR!

Again, read the shit I wrote above, I understand what YOU want... but what does SHE want?

And advice?

I think the correct grammer term here would have been ANY advice. Using AND implies making a statemnt. Since you ended your fragmented sentence with a question mark ANY would have been the appropriate word to use. Not that I'm a grammer Nazi or anything. I spell like shit when I type fast.

I also want it to take up as little depth as possible. But it can be 33 wide by 14 tall.

I want a lot of things too. Sometimes everything we want just aint possible.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

^^^

you used the word ANY like a BOSS!

My advice, stick to the basics.

This! ^^

Im putting 2 DC 15s in my GF's jeep, and do i want everything right, well yes. BUT i also drive the bitch everyday as a commuter (because some old fuck hit my audi and totaled it) and my god damn truck would put me in a bigger defecit than the US is in ATM. SO its more for me than anything haha

No one wants to help this guy? Everyone's focused on the fact that he's doing this for his GF and there's nothing wrong with that.

I think that if she just wants some bump in the trunk that a sealed box should be enough. I suggest getting either a 10 or 12 and just put a grill on it to protect the sub. I wouldn't spend a lot on the sub too if she just wants a little bump. I mean if she wants the plexiglass 4th order then you could go the whole 9 yards but I don't know anything about box designs with 4th order boxes

1st let me address you Mr. Guess.

My wife, don't feel sorry for her. She is WELL taken care of.

Going above and beyond isn’t that difficult in a relationship especially when you LISTEN to what your significant other has to say and respect those opinions instead of replacing them with your own.

I'm not gonna debate my attitude on relationships with you. At your age you think you know it all and have seen it all. I bet you think your writing the manual for Don Juans around the world... you aint. Good luck. Come back to this thread in a few years when you know which way is up and you might understand it then.

On a side note, here are a few things I noticed in error, in your post.

1) SMB is the OP..... NOT SMD! We know your sweating the big kahuna's nuts but damn....... at least get your names straight when you try and fly in to save the day and play Superman.

2) Your comment, "Some people will go above an beyond to help someone else out, but you might not be able to appreciate that?", are you asking me a question or making a statement? Watch your punctuation. A period is what you should have used not a question mark.

(Shortened quote a bit)

a6b1e_ORIG-lololololol.gif

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

HAHAHAHA Wow,

I love forum people. They make the internet just THAT much more entertaining.

So anyway,

My girl knows here bass, and she is willing to help me build this box. As for working on my own stuff, I am running a 12" 700 rms HX2 built by forevrbumpn in a T-line trunk wall.... Sure I haven't gotten it pretty yet, but its still functional.

Plus i drive her car a lot as well. So I want something that bumps when I'm in it.,

I thought about doing rear loading with the port firing thru the fold-own armrest, but I figured unless the trunk was sealed off like my wall, then the sound waves would cancel each other out, and it wouldn't be half as loud.

But if you guys think otherwise, then that's exactly what I'm gong to do.

I'm not trying to make a competition box, but if I'm spending the time to make a box, i want to make the best one for the application.

I mean, if your not going to do it right, then why do it at all???

HAHAHAHA Wow,

I love forum people. They make the internet just THAT much more entertaining.

So anyway,

My girl knows here bass, and she is willing to help me build this box. As for working on my own stuff, I am running a 12" 700 rms HX2 built by forevrbumpn in a T-line trunk wall.... Sure I haven't gotten it pretty yet, but its still functional.

Plus i drive her car a lot as well. So I want something that bumps when I'm in it.,

I thought about doing rear loading with the port firing thru the fold-own armrest, but I figured unless the trunk was sealed off like my wall, then the sound waves would cancel each other out, and it wouldn't be half as loud.

But if you guys think otherwise, then that's exactly what I'm gong to do.

I'm not trying to make a competition box, but if I'm spending the time to make a box, i want to make the best one for the application.

I mean, if your not going to do it right, then why do it at all???

As for the port through the arm rest, if its a band pass box then you won't have to worry so much about sealing off the whole trunk. You would only need to worry about the arm rest hole. You would have a box with 2 chambers and the port through the arm rest would be where the sound comes out.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Really? Well then im going to have to do some re thinking.

Instead of using the HX2, I might pick up 2 Faultline Customs 500 rms 10's. And them Iso them in the 4th order.

I think I'm getting way over my head in box building.... but I also love the challenge!!!

What would be louder? 2 iso 10's in a 4th or 6th order?

Really? Well then im going to have to do some re thinking.

Instead of using the HX2, I might pick up 2 Faultline Customs 500 rms 10's. And them Iso them in the 4th order.

I think I'm getting way over my head in box building.... but I also love the challenge!!!

What would be louder? 2 iso 10's in a 4th or 6th order?

impossible to tell you. but 6th orders are MUCH more complicated

IF the HX2 is in good condition, keep that, ill slap you through the god damn computer screen if you sell it...my buddy has a pair and won't part with then, even though they haven't been in a vehicle in about 5 years....

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Archived