Jump to content

Something For You Sq Guys


Recommended Posts

Posted

Me and a buddy of mine build all my stuff. Its all the same group of guys who work on all of each others cars. We just bring it down, and everyone gets to work. Theres just so damn much stuff to do its alot easier to get 2-4 guys workin on it. The main guy who always works with me installs for a living. I pay him a little for his time, but its mostly materials I pay him for since he can get good deals on vinyl, wire, etc through people he knows. We all just work on it because were all friends and we all love doing the same thing. And its nice watching someone work who has the skills Mike does. He is always teaching me new things. One of the cleanest installers Ive seen. No matter who you are you can always learn something new.

And a comp set wouldnt be heard over all the bass lol. Just in case you thought the 4 Alpha 12s were subwoofers.... They are Midranges, like you would find in a club. Will be running 24 AA 15s on 12 Sundown 1500Ds. Need loud mids/highs to keep up. I had 8 Eminence 6s and 4 Eminence tweets before and you couldnt even hear them over the bass in some songs, and that was only 4 BTL 18s on 8 1500Ds.

Btw, the SQ thing was a joke. I know its not going to sound as clean as a nice comp set, but I know that. Just going for really loud to hear it over the bass. Its a demo car for AA/FI, Sundown, Kinetik, and Excessive Amperage, and needs to be heard.... And remembered.

Posted

you should pick up a speaker company too then so you can have some nice mid high to go with the nice subs and amps

Posted

i mean its not like your a noob i know your at alot of shows and you can run multiply nice comp sets and still be loud and sound nice. I havent heard Steves truck but everyone i know whos heard it say his mids and highs are loud and for a mid 150s setup i would think thats nice.

Posted

If I wanted to, I could get the money and run a bunch of comp sets.... But I like the pro audio speakers. Honestly, if you EQ them, set them up correctly, etc, they sound just fine.

Still wont be the best sounding, but for how loud they get, they sound just fine. If anyone has heard horrible sounding PA setups, its me. All the time Ill see a Box on 28s crusin through with the trunk about to fly off the hinges and for mids/highs it has like 8 PA bull horns like they use for announcers in stadiums. No speakers, no tweeters, etc, just bull horns. Its rediculous.

So basically, if I wanted to get all the nice comp sets I could, but thats not what Im into. Just like I could buy a nice ass SQ sub and run it and have the greatest reproduction possible.... Just not my thing. Im a basshead. I need it loud.

Posted

meh i guess you just missed my point, i would figure if your representing all these companies youd want it to sound as good as possible, not just the "meh its what i like they arent the best sounding but thier fine"

Posted

They sound pretty good for how loud they are.... Id rather sacrifice a little SQ to be able to hear them, then have perfect tonal accuracy and not be able to hear them. Keep in mind Im most likely going to be demoing all day long at upper 150s on music, so I need something to surpass the bass.

It needs to be heard inside the car, AND outside. At shows, everyone just cranks their system and lets it play all day. More of party than a car show/competition. Last show people were break dancing, BBQing, giving out free drinks, and just chillin. Alot of people put horns outside the car... But Im not that ghetto. Im just building this so that it can be heard.

And people down here LOVE loud mids/highs, so you cant really go wrong.

Pretty much everyone down here runs some PA mids/highs.

Tommy McKinney runs Whip Audio.

Frankie Rio runs Eminence. (He even has speakers facing out when he rolls the back windows down)

Jethro Eason runs some PA mids and Acoustic tweeters.

Jacob Fuller runs the Selenium Bullet tweeters in his truck.

Its just a way to get louder to be heard over the bass. All of these guys can Bassrace over a 155, and they need something to be heard.

Posted

well as i originally stated im anxious to see the final outcome of your build. I truely to hope for the best on your build and hope that you dont have any gremlins that the BTL build may or may not have had.

Posted

That BTL build was just destined to fail... Wasnt product error, and wasnt user error. Was just horrible planning on my part. Just kept popping tinsels. Didnt fry any coils, etc, just kept breaking the tinsels.

This will have a sealed box, and the woofer right at its RMS with the options they will have. My buddy Jracer who had the 16 SSD 12s had 8 Clarion 11500s. Right at 750rms each he could play a couple songs at ~155db before they got warm. Every once in a while he could pop a tinsel, but he would just solder it back and be fine. At shows his car is overflowing with Fi product cards. At shows he probably hands out a couple hundred to people he demos for. The reason is because he plays his system constantly from the time he gets there until he leaves.

Thats what I want to do. Ill do some Bassrace/Bassboxing, but its more of a demo car.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4752 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...