product idea, need some opinions.

would you buy this product  

7 members have voted

1. 1. would you buy this product

well i have this idea but i'm not sure how much interest there would be for it. i wont go into specifics but i'll give an overview of it, and please vote in the poll

imagine a woofer that can be easily changed out to a different size, ohm load, or new soft parts. a woofer that anyone can recone quickly and easily without any special glue or adhesive. and more importantly a woofer designed for daily abuse and also for extreme competiton vehicles.

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

I believe Boston also has a changeable vc and soft parts separately but if your idea would work better then I'd be all for it

Just as long as the changeable parts doesn't affect the performance negatively, if it did then I would rather buy a conventional sub and treat it right to avoid needing to replace anything

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

well damn, probobly not the same way i was thinking about doing it though

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Might want to watch it. Peavey does something similar with their pro gear, except the entire basket assembly, everything but the motor. Seems like a smart idea, but as for how viable it would be in car audio...

POTATO!

hmm thanks for the input guys, i think i'll have to rethink the attachment for the basket and cone assembly but it seems like the way they do the basket to motor is different

There are about a dozen or more, field reconable woofers out there not using glues.

As far as the size changing woofers, they can easily just swap baskets and drop in recone assemblies.

I was working on a single basket that can be reconfigured to 2 or 3 different sizes a couple years ago. Limiting factor is it costs a lot of cash to tool all the parts.

So what you describe is not really a new notion. It's just not that feasible, and what has been feasible has been done.

Off the top of my head, look up these.

Lightning Audio Storm

MTX RFL

Image Dynamics IDMax

TC Sounds LMS

Memphis Mojo circa 2003

T Hammer

Alumapro

Boston Acoustics SPG555

Hifonics Maxximus

Kicker Solo X

MTX JackHammer