Second Skin Audio

MUCH needed aeroport upgraded

So i made an earlier thread and decided to just make a single larger aeroport.

originally it was a puny 4" with a shit rigged set up.

so i went to Lowes and picked up a 2' tube of 6" PVC pipe and here's the difference.

303566_4105065067209_1131606910_n.jpg

303566_4105065107210_2139384428_n.jpg

now the green PVC is just the left over pipe and the rest is of course installed.

i had a 40"x16"x16" box, and a gross with displacement an overall ~4.5ft^3 box.

now with that puny 4" this called for a 4"x~4.5"(35Hz) aeroport. this was horrendous with port noise and low output.

i changed out to the 6" which called for a 6"x~14.5"(32Hz) aeroport and it made a world of difference.

it was much louder on lower volumes, and before i could only feel the bass in my hands when they were vibrating with the rest of the car.

with the 6", i can literally feel my throat caving in(not really) and my ears having sharp pain.

now this was just a box upgrade(doing the Big 3 upgrade with 0AWG and a Kinetik HC1800) but it was felt almost twice as loud!!

i dont see how u dont have massive port noise.. ive done 2 boxes with straight pvc..and it was a total fail compared to a flared port

you can flare that pvc pipe yourself

use a heatgun and find a bowl to the size of flare you want and evenly heat the pipe and push pdown at the same time.. dip in cold water to hold the shape

i dont see how u dont have massive port noise.. ive done 2 boxes with straight pvc..and it was a total fail compared to a flared port

you can flare that pvc pipe yourself

use a heatgun and find a bowl to the size of flare you want and evenly heat the pipe and push pdown at the same time.. dip in cold water to hold the shape

no port noise from what i can hear. that was some pretty bad with the 4" but none that was decently noticeable with the 6"

What subs? lots of people think the port depends enterly on the box size and that´s not how it works at all, yes box size it´s a major factor but the sub is also, if you want to feel even bigger difference then flare that pvc, here´s a DIY video on my channel, works awesome everytime i use that method :)

And this is how they end up looking.

40370210150505405778300.jpg

Edited by fecupe2001

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

What subs? lots of people think the port depends enterly on the box size and that´s not how it works at all, yes box size it´s a major factor but the sub is also, if you want to feel even bigger difference then flare that pvc, here´s a DIY video on my channel, works awesome everytime i use that method :)

And this is how they end up looking.

40370210150505405778300.jpg

2 12" Alpine Type R's off a Alpine MRP-M1000.

you know, i actually watched that video while ago but i dont have a heat gun.

i attempted using a blow torch(text on the spare piping of course) and that was a disaster.

so i would have but didnt have the necessary equipment to do it.

now thats not to say i dont want to, because i would love to, just can't atm.

oh yeah you definitely needed more port, flare that port in the future and you´ll get WAYYY more output that you already have with this new port, congrats on the progress!!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I ran a pair of type Rs in a buddys truck, they did good on 50 sq" of port, flared slot port, on music. and could burp a 50 with 100 sq" of port and still played music, just tuned higher. Your best bet if you wanna stick with the single six is to buy the flared psp port from partsexpress, you probably paid 20 buck for that pipe, but the port on partsexpress is only 30.

I ran a pair of type Rs in a buddys truck, they did good on 50 sq" of port, flared slot port, on music. and could burp a 50 with 100 sq" of port and still played music, just tuned higher. Your best bet if you wanna stick with the single six is to buy the flared psp port from partsexpress, you probably paid 20 buck for that pipe, but the port on partsexpress is only 30.

will definitely look into that once i cough up another grand or so upgrading my electrical.

may not need all this power now, but won't have to if i upgrade later.

will definitely look into that once i cough up another grand or so upgrading my electrical.

why do you need a grand to upgrade electrical when I'm talking about using a different port?

why do you need a grand to upgrade electrical when I'm talking about using a different port?

because i have a list of priorities that im upgrading and since i JUST redid the port, i probably won't redo it until i finish my electrical.