Second Skin Audio

Sealing off trunk

Slammin,..... im with you,...

heading that route fairly quick.... and, i guess im over thinking it,... and not understanding ........

Also like OREN's build... that fucking thing gets down.... (not sure of his name,.. but the dude with the long ass hairy material everywhere, runs sundown gear)

I like the method to his madness....

put strips of mdf around the edges of the box you want to seal off, set them back 3/4". That will give you something to screw the wood to and it will be flush.

Or set it back however thick the wood is that you will make the trim panels out of

See,.... i really feel im over thinking it....

I myself, im going to use a bunch of SS as well..... lather that shit every where.........

heading that route fairly quick.... and, i guess im over thinking it,... and not understanding ........

Also like OREN's build... that fucking thing gets down.... (not sure of his name,.. but the dude with the long ass hairy material everywhere, runs sundown gear)

orens name is oren lol.

put strips of mdf around the edges of the box you want to seal off, set them back 3/4". That will give you something to screw the wood to and it will be flush.

Or set it back however thick the wood is that you will make the trim panels out of

i dont follow for some reason

orens name is oren lol.

I didnt know if the entire spelling was correct, bro,.....,... or if i was thinking the same person....but,...... thanks......

yeah,.. .him..

i dont follow for some reason

crappy picture, but should give you an idea. That piece coming off the side is what i'm talking about. glue strips set back off the face 3/4". So when you attach a piece of 3/4" wood to it, it's flush with the baffle

Untitled-7.png

Team Flex Issues

What he's saying is make a little ledge (or something similar) that's the same thickness as the wood you're using for the trim panels. Then screw your actual panels onto that ledge. This way the panels will be flush with the box.

Thanks for that picture tacoma, helped me out to since I'm trying to figure out how to seal off my wall.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/