Sundown Audio

Everyone here will say that you shouldn't.

BUT if you want to risk blowing up equipment - make sure your electrical is set up to handle it, give the amp good cooling, give it time to cool down when you play it, don't clip it, and lastly: do NOT whine if/when it blows.

yes, it would handle it if you have the electrical to back it up. Set your gains right and let it rip

Ran my older sundown 3k at .33 for 6 months and it was fine. Only time it would protect was when I tried to burp it at .2 lol

those 3ks were made in a different build house. I dont know if the X500 stuff will go that low. although I imagine it will.

anyways, my best rule of thumb for going below 1ohm is; if you can afford to replace the amp, go for it. if you cant afford a new amp, dont try it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Sundown has a good protection circuit if you run it that low...I ran 3 different amps at .35 daily and my 12k at .175 shortly..as long as you keep voltage up and know what your doing setting gains..you should be fine

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Sundown has a good protection circuit if you run it that low...I ran 3 different amps at .35 daily and my 12k at .175 shortly..as long as you keep voltage up and know what your doing setting gains..you should be fine

so they have a protection circuit for a low nominal load but you can still run them at a low nominal load? that didnt make sense lol.

if some competitors want to PM me instead of risking putting the info on the internet (a scary thing to do, I know) please do. I would like to know if I can do to these amps, what I did to the old zenon amps.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i used a saz3500 that i ran at .35 which was dropping into the 9v range and it held up. My old orion 2500d which i have running at .35 daily will go strong for 5 mins full tilt until it gets to facking hawt that i have to put a huge box fan on it to cool it down :(. That bish is a motherfuckan champ.

:ninja:

i know guy that is running [email protected] strapped and as long as he doesn't go crazy with gains it will play but when pushed too hard they will protect. of course he meant have near the elec. that you have. truth is with that amp and that much battery power wire it up set gains with a 0db tone and let it rip if there is any problems it will go into protect.

IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU BLOWING YOUR AMP!!!!!