Sonic Electronix

2nd time. Same Problem, Bout To Give Up! Subs Cutting Out!

Random times? Not just full tilt?

Try this: run a wire from the + on your amp to the remote turn on on your amp so it's always on. If it works fine, your remote wire is wonky or you might need a turn on relay

That didn't help.

If twas his remote wire then his amp would turn off also but just his sub is cutting out.

Loose wire if it does it while driving..check power and ground connections with dmm wiggle wires while testing.. same with rcas etc.. also is amp mounted to bare metal... I've seen that cause a weird ground loop....un mount it then drive around..

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

have you bothered to pull your woofers out and test them one by one. check each coil make sure your final impedence is what you think it is or are you just siiting there getting pissed about it. it could be as simple as a loose wire that when you hit a bump causes it to bump against the basket of the woofer causing it to protect briefly. you will not know until you:

check the load presented to the amp. not whatr you think it is stick a meter on it and see.

then pull your woofers out and see if one is going bad and all connections are good.

alos check all your grounds and power connections your rcas etc.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Your setup sounds il dc98hoe my next subs are going to be two 15" AA mayham's and i tring to sell my two Mrp-m2000's and one directed 1100d (old school) on ebay to get a crescendo 5500 but no one seems to want to buy them.

still have the 1100d for sale???
smdsig2.jpg

Your setup sounds il dc98hoe my next subs are going to be two 15" AA mayham's and i tring to sell my two Mrp-m2000's and one directed 1100d (old school) on ebay to get a crescendo 5500 but no one seems to want to buy them.

still have the 1100d for sale???

Yes its on ebay got a couple hours left.

i told him what his problem could be 99% of the time but all my post got ignored same with any post telling to check anything with a dmm

soooo fux him have fun with that!

Just because i didn't respond directly to you doesn't mean im not listenin.

AND FOR EVERYBODY TO KNOW YES I WAS USED A DDM ON EACH SUBWOOFER THE OHMS ARE CORRECT

Ive tried to differnt sets of rca and two headunit my remotes are good none of my wires are loose my ground post is soild, i wouldn't be asking this question if it was something as simple as a damn incorrect wire im not 16.

well then have fun figuring it out on your own because you obviously know more than all of us.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

well then have fun figuring it out on your own because you obviously know more than all of us.

lol x2.

did you just put the dmm on each sub while they were all hooked together?

i guarantee that i could figure out your problem in 30 minutes if you came to my house

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived