Building a (Quite Baller) Game Box for around 1-grand

oh so your just an amd fanchild and REFUSE to answer to my criteria.

i googled your.. "overheating ti" and all i found was a bunch of dumb mother fuckers that dont know anything about video cards.

failing to provide me with the proof i listed will make me think that you fall into this category as well.

by the way, the overheating point for a 550ti is 94c. thats ninety four celsius. do you even know the temp of your card right now? my 560ti is 37c running 2d clocks.

please dont try and down suggestions because you have no idea what your doing.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

your fan speed is NOT high enough, or you case flow blows ass. "auto" fan DOES NOT CUT IT. 60-70 celsius is quite normal.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

oh so your just an amd fanchild and REFUSE to answer to my criteria.

i googled your.. "overheating ti" and all i found was a bunch of dumb mother fuckers that dont know anything about video cards.

failing to provide me with the proof i listed will make me think that you fall into this category as well.

by the way, the overheating point for a 550ti is 94c. thats ninety four celsius. do you even know the temp of your card right now? my 560ti is 37c running 2d clocks.

please dont try and down suggestions because you have no idea what your doing.

I do have an idea as to what Im doing, all im saying is it happens alot and is noticeable. No my fans do not suck, none of my cores ever get hot whatsoever, the entire case is freezing just being next to it, I have all fans on MAX at all times, they're plugged straight into the PSU, which is also plenty for the card. And to be perfectly honest I dislike all of AMDs non-GPU products, so fanboy???? No way. I love and would prefer Nvidias, but as of late I feel like you can get a better performance:price deal from AMDs cards over Nvidias. I have always given Nvidia the biased edge and bought it first. but they all failed and under the exact same conditions the ATi and the AMD have not...Im just telling you from personal experience. My card is currently at 35.0C and fans at 24%....

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Ti's overheat? Hahahhaa proof, tests done, sources, card used, gpu configuration, gpu core voltage, memory voltage, fan configuration and clock speeds please.

And game used, case used, power supply used, orientation of case inside the room, and room temp.

If you don't mind backing up your statement of course :)

And to answer the majority of your "criteria"

EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR- GeForce GTX550 Ti Fermi FPB 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0x16 in Non-SLI, .898V, I had 3 profiles for fans, once it got to 70C it would hold it there and if it got hotter the fans would go up to 50%, then if it got hotter the fans would go to 70%, and it got to 78C they went to 90%, 815MHz (tried to lower clocks too, sort of helped)

It was on crysis 1, in a corsair obsidian 800D Full tower with 4-120mm fans, corsair TX850 80+Bronze. My case sits on top of a laminate wood shelf piece so that dust from the carpet doesnt get in, I keep the fans clean, and depending on the weather in cali it was probably about 73-78F in my room.

Look im not trying to get all technical and bitchy about this, Im just saying Ive had problems with the GTX and I know how to run a card, I bought in excited for physX for Batman, turn it off and theres not a disappointing difference, and then boom I kept getting too hot for my comfort and to clarify when i say overheating I dont always mean to a crash, I mean getting hotter than some people would be comfortable with because it may damage and shorten the cards lifespan as well as complete overheating. And I didnt say "dont buy a nvidia whatsoever or its gonna break" I said if you have a good way to cool it, not if it comes with crappy fans on it, then it should be fine.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

surprised u didn't short anything out building it on carpet..

Built on the plastic that the case came in, so it didnt touch the floor once any of the components were in, I dont have any grounding mats, and im moving so everythings packed including both my grounding wires

Every computer i've built was put together on carpet, i think that static damage to computers is over hyped, i've had customers make me take their laptops into concrete rooms and wear rubber gloves just to add a stick of ram...

but nice build, wish i still had a gaming desktop, but my laptop plays fo3 on high, so i guess i'm pretty happy with it.

1997 Ford Ranger

2 - Rockford Fosgate P3 600w 12s

1 - Soundstream Rubicon 1.1000d

Pioneer Mids/highs

Blacked out tail lights (removable, done with 20% static cling tint)

surprised u didn't short anything out building it on carpet..

Built on the plastic that the case came in, so it didnt touch the floor once any of the components were in, I dont have any grounding mats, and im moving so everythings packed including both my grounding wires

Every computer i've built was put together on carpet, i think that static damage to computers is over hyped, i've had customers make me take their laptops into concrete rooms and wear rubber gloves just to add a stick of ram...

but nice build, wish i still had a gaming desktop, but my laptop plays fo3 on high, so i guess i'm pretty happy with it.

Same I take minimal precautions, I wish I would do more but Im too lazy to care for it. I mean I dont take the case and slide it across the carpet like shuffleboard or anything, but I dont think leaving it stationary would be too bad to add/remove things.

I missed Alan.

don't underestimate the power of electricity. you can cause damage and not even know you shocked a piece of equipment

I dont doubt what could happen, but I just dont do anything about it. Im saying im lazy about it, its a bad habit. But if it works fine I dont care what static shock did to it.

I missed Alan.

Ti's overheat? Hahahhaa proof, tests done, sources, card used, gpu configuration, gpu core voltage, memory voltage, fan configuration and clock speeds please.

And game used, case used, power supply used, orientation of case inside the room, and room temp.

EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR- GeForce GTX550 Ti Fermi FPB 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0x16 in Non-SLI, .898V, I had 3 profiles for fans, once it got to 70C it would hold it there and if it got hotter the fans would go up to 50%, then if it got hotter the fans would go to 70%, and it got to 78C they went to 90%, 815MHz (tried to lower clocks too, sort of helped)

It was on crysis 1, in a corsair obsidian 800D Full tower with 4-120mm fans, corsair TX850 80+Bronze. My case sits on top of a laminate wood shelf piece so that dust from the carpet doesnt get in, I keep the fans clean, and depending on the weather in cali it was probably about 73-78F in my room.

Look im not trying to get all technical and bitchy about this, Im just saying Ive had problems with the GTX and I know how to run a card, I bought in excited for physX for Batman, turn it off and theres not a disappointing difference, and then boom I kept getting too hot for my comfort and to clarify when i say overheating I dont always mean to a crash, I mean getting hotter than some people would be comfortable with because it may damage and shorten the cards lifespan as well as complete overheating. And I didnt say "dont buy a nvidia whatsoever or its gonna break" I said if you have a good way to cool it, not if it comes with crappy fans on it, then it should be fine.

Card used

Case used

so after minimal research on your situation, i seemed to have found your issue quite easily.

running 4 fans is quite unacceptable in that case, (as it appears to have NO fans pulling through the case from the front) and if it does, they are covered!!! big nononono!

the issue i think that you had was buying the wrong hardware and not properly configuring it. single fan high overclocked video cards must run 80-100% fan ALL THE TIME!!

this case has 10 120mm high cfm fans and 1 220(or 240 i forget)mm fan.

i'm only railing on you because you came in here saying ti's overheat, no, they dont. improper usage of any computer component will cause failure.

you bought the wrong card, and didnt cool it properly.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Card used

Case used

so after minimal research on your situation, i seemed to have found your issue quite easily.

running 4 fans is quite unacceptable in that case, (as it appears to have NO fans pulling through the case from the front) and if it does, they are covered!!! big nononono!

the issue i think that you had was buying the wrong hardware and not properly configuring it. single fan high overclocked video cards must run 80-100% fan ALL THE TIME!!

this case has 10 120mm high cfm fans and 1 220(or 240 i forget)mm fan.

i'm only railing on you because you came in here saying ti's overheat, no, they dont. improper usage of any computer component will cause failure.

you bought the wrong card, and didnt cool it properly.

I dont know what your talking about, the case I had had: 1 front lower fan, IMPORTING air, 1 bottom Fan IMPORTING, 1 Back Fan EXPORTING and one Top fan EXPORTING. The picture you saw was not the same as my case, it was a while ago I not positive which case it was in I had 3 at the time Sorry about that.

Buying the wrong hardware? No. I know how to make a computer run properly. Who the fucks buys a card to have it run at 100% thats just a stupid compromise on sound.

Ive had talked to more than 1 computer experts who would agree with me that of all the most common problems with video they get involving nVidia, overheating 550 and 560ti are the problem child majority. How can you tell me they dont? It happened to me 3 times. The ATI/AMD went into IDENTICAL circumstances as the nvidia and they didnt not give me any issues. So I didn't buy the wrong card, I don't improperly use my card, I did have it cooled properly.

I missed Alan.

Archived