ADD is a product of over distracting someone. Kids these days constantly have their iPod in their ears, the TV on, their cell phone in their hands, and anything else than can. They become so used to doing things with those distractions, that they start to work better WITH those things. Take those things away and bam, no more concentration.

I, for one, know I'm like this. I became so used to doing things with music, I can literally do nothing without music. I've performed self tests on myself. I've taken tests in school with music, and without music. When I take it WITH music, I always score better. Same goes for at work. I'm 200% more productive with music.

ADD was mostly unheard of during the 90s, but now that kids (and adults, really) have access to all this other bullshit, they somehow manage to get themselves mentally dependent on music/background noise. Then when it's taken away, the shit hits the fan.

edit-

All in all, most of today's "sicknesses" are all in your head. The doctors will tell you what you "want" to hear. If you go in and say "I think I have ADD" then by God, that doctor will agree with you.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Bassface: STFU and please just stop commenting

Sanitarium, you actually gave a good example of what your ADD does to you with the jumping over the page. Others saying small tasks can't be completed just isn't thorough enough for me to grasp I guess lol.

I too have a bit of an overactive mind but I believe that's normal to an extent. Just wondering how many of you have actually smoked weed and if it had any positive effects on your ADD. Me personally I feel like I can really concentrate and grasp concepts easier when I am a bit baked lol.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I was diagnosed multiple times through out school. I was not one who you think was over distracted. I have had ADD basically all my life and I am now 25 and still deal with it from time to time but I have tried to learn ways to keep myself focused on things. BassFace this is not a thread to start fights so keep the comments to yourself. This was a thread to see who else out there had this same learning disability as I do. I never intended this to go into a bullshit fest.

wc_zps9b224b53.png

Bassface: STFU and please just stop commenting

Sanitarium, you actually gave a good example of what your ADD does to you with the jumping over the page. Others saying small tasks can't be completed just isn't thorough enough for me to grasp I guess lol.

I too have a bit of an overactive mind but I believe that's normal to an extent. Just wondering how many of you have actually smoked weed and if it had any positive effects on your ADD. Me personally I feel like I can really concentrate and grasp concepts easier when I am a bit baked lol.

I'll be honest I've was addict for many years using cocaine,pot,acid,lsd and crystal. At the time it was cool it slowed my mind at times others not at all lol. But now the results from that are worse than ADD like short term memory loss and others.

I was diagnosed multiple times through out school. I was not one who you think was over distracted. I have had ADD basically all my life and I am now 25 and still deal with it from time to time but I have tried to learn ways to keep myself focused on things. BassFace this is not a thread to start fights so keep the comments to yourself. This was a thread to see who else out there had this same learning disability as I do. I never intended this to go into a bullshit fest.

Some just gotta poke the hornets nest so to speak lol. Some just really don't get it that everyone is diff and have problems that they don't understand.

Archived