DC Sound Lab

Let me know what you guys think about this enclosure. Building it for my buddies car, he will have it on 1500w. Still new to using the Torres Box Calc but here is what I came up with. It will be double baffled as well, just didn't add that into the calc. Suggestions?

MikeyF1.jpg

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

How are you planing on having your port? If you are going to have it on one side, then you need to have 3 common port walls, not just one.

Your right, I had it on 3 and then changed it last minute. I'll change that and see how it comes out. Thanks. Anything else?

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

As for the airspace, I only put .1 of disp. for bracing but there will be 45s and at least 1 dowel rod so in sure it'll be closer to 2-2.1.

I chained the common port walls to 3, added 2" of port length and dropped the depth to 21". Now it's 2.38 net, 35hz w/ 18" of port per cube. How's that?

Edited by Hunters21w

Just an FYI, the 45's hurt output (at least on the TL) 99% of the time. It's probobly not enough difference to notice by ear but I you plan on competing, then I would ditch the 45's. It has been tested by a few very reputable guys here on the forums.

Thanks for the input. My buddy doesn't plan on competing, he asked for them so I'm just going to throw them in. I make them pretty small so that it just rounds the edges a bit. Nothing crazy, ive seen some threads on here about it as well.

As long as you use 3/4 mdf and don't plan on putting more then 2-3k on it you don't have to have bracing. Doesn't hurt anything but won't be needed. The box itself being rather small and the extra strength of the port wall will give it enough strength.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff