in for detonation

team chat assholes ftmfcsw

skittlesRgood[/color]' timestamp='1337803095' post='2027302']

go for it. 1st off, you couldnt get past the gate. second, i wouldnt even hear your system inside my house. third, i would just turn mine up and drown out your system, eat my skittles, and laugh at your pathetic ass.

Well, after 10+ hrs fighting this effing video to try to figure out how to upload it to youtube, i've given up. It uploaded fine to photobucket, so i'll just post that one. My phone (htc rezound) encodes video in mp4 format (Video: H264 MPEG-4 AVC, Audio: MPEG AAC stereo 44.1k) which should work fine based on youtube's quicktime exporting instructions (which exports as mp4 as well) but for some reason youtube doesn't like it. The video uploads fine, but it cuts out audio halfway through and as it uploads it comes up with an error that says "upload may have video/audio sync issues..." I'll see if I can find another video camera to make new videos. So this vid isn't 1080p, but it'll give you a general idea.

http://s1167.photobucket.com/albums/q635/rocketman012346/?action=view&current=VIDEO0002.mp4

Listening impressions:

Before I say anything, I should say again that this system, is ONLY 500 watts. Also, my amplifier gain isn't quite up to where it needs to be as I am having a low voltage issue at the amplifier, most likely cause by a poor temporary ground and some possible alternator charging issues. Keep that in mind.

WOW. This system DUMPS. Even with the issues and preliminary setup status, it already sounds louder than some of my friends' systems that have twice to three times the power. The audible in-cabin response follows pete's response curve almost exactly. This should quell some of the haters that think his response curves do not represent actual real life in-cabin response, at least in my case. I cannot, however, comment on measured in-cabin response (SPL response at each frequency) since I have no way of testing that. 25hz to 34hz is huuuge, with 27 and 28hz being my favorite so far. There is a slight dip from 34-37hz or so, then its back from 38 all the way to 50 or higher. Now, this dip is only slight, and I think it is more just the point where the bass transitions from the visceral, physical, pressure and air experience of the below-30hz response to the more audible experience of the upper 30's and 40's response. It doesn't physically move a massive amount of air but it certainly feels like it does in the cabin. So far, I have listened to mostly chopped & screwed, and slowed/boosted music, as this is mostly what I will be listening to on this system, and I can without a doubt say that I am very pleased with the result of this design and build.

Edited by rocketman123

NEW UPDATE

I had my first full retard moment of the build (my baffle mistake with measuring wasnt FULL retard lol) yesterday... I disconnected my amp positive wire to cut a section of it out for the alternator positive to battery positive run I had forgot to do of the big 3 and as I was cutting the wire I thought"hmm, maybe I should disconnect this wire from the battery." Literally the second that popped into my head, I completed the cut with my wire cutters and the hot end of the wire dropped on my tailgate, touching one of the metal strip upholstery hold-downs. A small zap rang out and then nothing, I checked the fuse, and sure enough, I had smoked it...my only fuse. Sooooo, no bass until I get the ANL fuse in the mail next week. ALWAYS DISCONNECT WIRES FROM THE BATTERY BEFORE YOU WORK ON THEM. :cray: On a more positive note, I also ordered the firewall bushings to finally complete the amp positive and ground runs, as well as another ANL fuse for backup in case I have another full retard moment ha.

One more note I forgot to add in the listening impressions is that this enclosure slumps all the way down to 20hz with authority, which is AWESOME. I almost kicked myself for not giving pete a 20-40hz passband to design around instead of the 25-45hz passband I originally gave him, but so far this enclosure hasn't disappointed!!

Thanks man! I'll take a couple pics of it tomorrow for ya, its not a whole lot to look at, but it's fairly clean for its age and what it is. I've put a fair amount of money into it but most of it isn't visible unless you know what you're looking at.

My listening impressions of the system are immediately following the link to the vid. Sounds awesome! Especially given that the system is barely touching 500 watts!