1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

yeah, ive set gains, i used the channels that are on the amp to set the gains, not the RCA outputs....

*edit* thats if your going by what the guide on the first page is talking about...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Again, you're not reading what I wrote. You're speaking something completely different. Let me try to explain this again. Let's say your head unit has 5 volt pre-outs all the way around. At 3/4 volume with your sub level at 0, you're going to see zero volts out of the RCAs. If you turn your sub out to 5 (let's say it goes up to 10), you're going to see 2.5 volts out of the RCAs. If you turn the sub level to 10, you'll see the full 5 volt out of the pre-outs. Are you following what I'm saying. I'm not saying to set your gains off of the RCA voltage. 99vic had everything set down all the way, and was wondering why he had to crank his gain - his sub out is all the way down.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

ok i was mistaken, my bad yeah i didnt understand that :)

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Again, you're not reading what I wrote. You're speaking something completely different. Let me try to explain this again. Let's say your head unit has 5 volt pre-outs all the way around. At 3/4 volume with your sub level at 0, you're going to see zero volts out of the RCAs. If you turn your sub out to 5 (let's say it goes up to 10), you're going to see 2.5 volts out of the RCAs. If you turn the sub level to 10, you'll see the full 5 volt out of the pre-outs. Are you following what I'm saying. I'm not saying to set your gains off of the RCA voltage. 99vic had everything set down all the way, and was wondering why he had to crank his gain - his sub out is all the way down.

ok makes sense.. ill try that and see how it works, thanks

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

ok so turn the sub out up when tuning. should i leave it that way when im done or should i turn it back down?

You can turn it down if you want less bass, and turn it back up when you want to wang. This way the gains will be set properly, and as long as you keep below the 3/4 mark of your volume, even with the sub out all the way out, you shouldn't clip.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

• 11 months later...

sorry for bumping an old thread i just need some help..

ok somebody helped me making sure my ohm load was 2. he said since my subs are bridged (i think its what he said) that the amp will only see half of what the ohm load actually is. so since the amp sees 1, im supposed to set my gains using the chart on 1 ohm and whatever watts it gives out at 1 ohm.

my amp - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kenwood+-+1800W+Class+D+Mono+Amplifier+with+Low-Pass+Crossover/9763288.p?id=1218169466067&skuId=9763288

on the box it says max power 1800 watts

500watts at 4ohm

900 watts at 2 ohms

over 900 watts at 1 ohm

it doesnt give me an exact for how many watts at 1 ohm, it just says over 900. and a couple people told me to set it for 900 watts because that amp isnt going to give out 1800 even though it says it. i couldnt even go to like 1600 or something?

and also when im using my dmm should i have it twisted to 20 on the V side? and is it correct that i have my positive speaker wire unplugged and the neg left in, and that i touched the red thing on the amp where the + speaker wire goes and the ground on the neg speaker wire? or do i put the ground on the amps ground?

and one last thing.. should all my speakers be connected when doing the 50hz tone because it didnt sound right, but idk how to disconnect the door ones, only the back deck ones

thanks and sorry for bumping this just need some help hope you guys dont mind :good:

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

sorry for bumping an old thread i just need some help..

ok somebody helped me making sure my ohm load was 2. he said since my subs are bridged (i think its what he said) that the amp will only see half of what the ohm load actually is. so since the amp sees 1, im supposed to set my gains using the chart on 1 ohm and whatever watts it gives out at 1 ohm.

my amp - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kenwood+-+1800W+Class+D+Mono+Amplifier+with+Low-Pass+Crossover/9763288.p?id=1218169466067&skuId=9763288

on the box it says max power 1800 watts

500watts at 4ohm

900 watts at 2 ohms

over 900 watts at 1 ohm

it doesnt give me an exact for how many watts at 1 ohm, it just says over 900. and a couple people told me to set it for 900 watts because that amp isnt going to give out 1800 even though it says it. i couldnt even go to like 1600 or something?

and also when im using my dmm should i have it twisted to 20 on the V side? and is it correct that i have my positive speaker wire unplugged and the neg left in, and that i touched the red thing on the amp where the + speaker wire goes and the ground on the neg speaker wire? or do i put the ground on the amps ground?

and one last thing.. should all my speakers be connected when doing the 50hz tone because it didnt sound right, but idk how to disconnect the door ones, only the back deck ones

thanks and sorry for bumping this just need some help hope you guys dont mind :good:

Has 1-ohm stable (output regulated to 900 watts)

it does the same power at 1 and 2ohms

so set it for 900w @ 1ohm using a -3db sine wave around 50hz... dmm should read 30v

which means u need a dmm that can read more than 20v... or change the dmm range to the next highest range (likely 200v)

u should have a highpass filter on ur interiors either on the headunit or amp... u need to either disconnect the speakers or turn the HPF all the way up so very little bass goes thru

just disconnect both speaker wires and put the dmm + and - leads in amps speaker + and -

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived