Sundown Audio

Title.

Can you do it safely? I want to replace my Powerbass L-Series subs with them since my enclosure is the perfect size and tuning for the E-Series subs and.... uh... I love Sundown? :P

I'm gonna hate

I say go ahead, Sundown audio woofers can take a beating and they are very well built. I know people running 1k+ daily to SA woofers and they don't get stinky pr even warm. Maybe after an hour or more of abuse at high levels of play time they do but you will be running the E's at only 100w over the suggested rms. I'm sure just like their other woofers these are underrated as well.

Just remember clean signal is key to any setup. I ran 1700w to a Z 10"v.3 from sundown and it didn't even break it in over a time period ofa month lol.

As stated make sure you have clean signal and a nice box. But i would say you will be fine putting it on 500w rms

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

I say go ahead, Sundown audio woofers can take a beating and they are very well built. I know people running 1k+ daily to SA woofers and they don't get stinky pr even warm. Maybe after an hour or more of abuse at high levels of play time they do but you will be running the E's at only 100w over the suggested rms. I'm sure just like their other woofers these are underrated as well.

Just remember clean signal is key to any setup. I ran 1700w to a Z 10"v.3 from sundown and it didn't even break it in over a time period ofa month lol.

As stated make sure you have clean signal and a nice box. But i would say you will be fine putting it on 500w rms

Is 20 point font necessary, I mean a lot of us are over 30 but still....

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

This is my problem, I hear plenty about how underrated the SA series woofers are but nothing about the E-Series. By the looks of the motor they could take 500 like champs, but I still want a little input.

I'm gonna hate

I dont know anything about SD but if your question is can you give this sub 100 rms more than rated, the answer is yes it should be fine.

E... Usually I don't have a problem beating on subs but I don't want to order these and fry them day 1.

I'm gonna hate

I agree, 100w RMS over rated is nothing, even playing at full tilt, your amp will only put out that highest RMS on certain hz, you would have to clamp the amp to really figure out where that would be, but usually the lowest notes around the tuning frequency are what will draw the most power. where the higher notes from tuning draw less. now this does boil down to how you tune your amp,but you dont want the amp pushing full power far away from the tuning hz because thats when abuse kicks in because the sub can play the notes as well or as loud to begin with

Edited by purplesyrup
XS-power1.jpg

I agree, 100w RMS over rated is nothing, even playing at full tilt, your amp will only put out that highest RMS on certain hz, you would have to clamp the amp to really figure out where that would be, but usually the lowest notes around the tuning frequency are what will draw the most power. where the higher notes from tuning draw less. now this does boil down to how you tune your amp,but you dont want the amp pushing full power far away from the tuning hz because thats when abuse kicks in because the sub can play the notes as well or as loud to begin with

I have clamped my amp, she's a little underrated. Never sees below 14.4 at the terminals, I get ~1,150 clean out of it around 25-35hz. My box is tuned to 33hz and I am obsessed with lows. I listen to a lot of chopped and screwed music etc. I figured going 100w over wasn't too big of a deal.

I have 2 e12s seeing 1800rms and they take it pretty good .... getting sa12s soon tho

Jeez. That's a lot of power for those little motors! :o

I'm gonna hate