Looking at getting an alarm for my 2012 edge and was looking at the viper 5704 and was wondering what all security sensors come with it, what are some good sensors to get like hood trigger, window break, ect and also with the transponders how they have lock and unlock will that void out the stock key fob,

Lastly what is another alarm that would be good security for this car. Looking at top notch security and never looked at an alarm before so don't know anything about it like sensors remote starters that are included ... well everything so need help haha

The alarm comes with the onboard shock sensor (really not that great, my shock sensor is pretty useless), hood pin and nothing else for sensors. Now you can have them wire up the switch in your doors or make it so that if your dome lights are on the alarm will sound when it is armed. I have a sonic sensor (glass shatter) added on in mine that is drilled and glued into my front dashboard panel, i have pressure sensors (motion sensors but for inside the cabin) mounted at the top of my a-pillars pointing to the rear of the truck to make the alarm go off if there is any movement like moving your finger or sticking a rod in the car to try and manually pop the locks open. I also had them drop the stock hood pin that the alarm come with for a mercury switch that is in a sealed unit so that i dont have to worry about the switch rusting out and causing a bad connection making it seem that my hood is open all the time. Another stock part that is wired up is if you turn the ignition key when the car is armed it will set off the alarm.

Now for voiding your stock key fob im not sure what you mean by that. If you mean will it make their functions cease that is not the case, they will still work HOWEVER you cannot use the stock remotes to unlock the vehicle if you armed it with your alarm as the second you open the doors the aftermarket alarm is armed and active and will set off the alarm. But what you can do is keep the aftermarket alarm unarmed and you can use the stock key fobs for example if you wanted to take it into a shop or something.

For other alarms viper, python, and a few others are all made by the same company, directed electronics. I myself have the viper 5901 (exact same unit as you are looking at) and my girlfriend has the python edition of the same unit and it works the EXACT same way but has a different looking key fob. I bought her the python one because i had a damn good deal on it with a local shop that installs directed equipment and they installed my alarm when i bought it online and brought it in to them.

For myself id personally get the untrasonic sensor: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13985_Directed-509U.html , glass break sensor: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3684_Directed-506T.html and if you have expensive rims this: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6113_Directed-507M.html

Again the ultrasonic one goes off with motion inside the vehicle, the glass break goes off when something strikes the glass hard enough and it emits a specific frequency response when glass is struck and the one for the rims will go off when it is moved a certain amount by for example me jacking up your vehicle to steal your wheels or if the car is being towed away.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

That's what I meant about the stock key fob ... thanks for all the info ... going to keep doing research and also hope the shop that will be installing help me out as well ... would install myself but might be a little much for me

Also do all those sensors work with a viper alarm?

unfortunately for ford you cant use a bypass and use the data lines to basically tap into door locks, door triggers, domelight. if you get it installed at a shop make sure you tell the installer to install the hoodpin if you dont have a factory one as we are lazy and often times never do it......

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

• 2 months later...

don't get a glass break sensor,why wait until your window is broke,the damage will still be done, just my opinion.

Get a proximity sensor it warns when you get to close on reach in a window if left open. Just my 2 cents.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

Archived