Sonic Electronix

a set of 12's will fit with no problem at all. i was able to fit a 5 cube box in the trunk of my brothers old 2000 cavalier. they are the same car really. just DO NOT make the box height higher than 16". that is the max to be comfy do it at 15

----reference's----

meade916

a set of 12's will fit with no problem at all. i was able to fit a 5 cube box in the trunk of my brothers old 2000 cavalier. they are the same car really. just DO NOT make the box height higher than 16". that is the max to be comfy do it at 15

Say I was able to fit a 15", two 12's, one 12, or two 10's. Which would be loudest? The problem is, I think I'll have trouble using as much of my trunk as possible because there's the issue of actually getting it into the car. The fact that mine is a four door makes fitting a box through the door very difficult, and a large box is definitely not fitting through the trunk, which is why I think to ensure I don't have any problems I should just go with two 10's or one 12.

i drive a 04 cavalier right not. i have 2 12's i build the box it is a little over 2 cubes total. and it looks tiny in my trunk. i was also able to fit 4 12's in there at one point. even a single 15 with 4 cubes fit. believe me it all fits

----reference's----

meade916

i drive a 04 cavalier right not. i have 2 12's i build the box it is a little over 2 cubes total. and it looks tiny in my trunk. i was also able to fit 4 12's in there at one point. even a single 15 with 4 cubes fit. believe me it all fits

The recommended size for ONE 12" is 1.8-2.5 cubic feet for a ported box...

believe me 2 of those will fit. wheni had my 4 12's in my box was a total of 9 cubes. seriously if you build the box right you can do a 10+ cube box with no problem. it would be close but it can be done. my brother right now has a 6 cube box plus air ride and NOS in his trunk. it might look small you just have to make sure that you use the space you do have to your advantage

----reference's----

meade916

So if I'm able to fit two 12's, you think that's my best option? Along with the Sundown amps? I have no doubt a box that size will fit in my trunk, it's getting it in there I'm afraid of.

Also, some questions about optimal trunk setup. Would it be optimal to face the subs and ports inside the car and seal off the rest of the trunk? I can't really remove the backseat because sometimes I have people sit back there, but usually nobody sits back there and I can leave the seat down. It's going to be a while until I start ordering stuff, but I have sheets of MDF laying around so I can start building the box right away. I realize building the enclosure correctly is the most important part so any tips on getting the most out of my subs would definitely be appreciated.

Edited by KoolDrew

Two DC Sound Lab Level 4 12"s off a single Sundown SAZ-3000D. :) (assuming the level 4s can take around 1500w RMS?)

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

oh well 10's are decent if u get the right 1s :P

ca-f2.jpg

1 12 inch infinity 1240watts...only can fit that in a hilux single cab...

1 infinity 1000 watt mono block...

2 Hifonics Zues 6.5" Components

2 Hifonics Zues Tweeters

2 cross-over boxes

1 run of 4GA

200 Fuse

1 Kenwood Head-deck