This is just my opinion and im not trying to step on burritos toes in his own thread but if I had a choice between bags or a body drop. I would bag it first. That way if something happens and im not able to get to the body drop right away I can at least drag it and hit some switches. I wouldnt want to drive around a summer with a body dropped truck with no custom suspension.

This is just my opinion and im not trying to step on burritos toes in his own thread but if I had a choice between bags or a body drop. I would bag it first. That way if something happens and im not able to get to the body drop right away I can at least drag it and hit some switches. I wouldnt want to drive around a summer with a body dropped truck with no custom suspension.

i gotsta agree with big p... but if you are commiting to doing both you should do them @ the same time! FTW

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

Hey man, I'm driving a 2000 tahoe 4wd with the 5.3l v8, and I was considering lifting the front 2", putting on some 20" rims (not the offroad ones, but not really the baller ones either, i cant really describe the ones im thinking of...) and some bigger tires. How much would it run me for the lift (i'm not sure, but i think i could tighten up my torsion bars...good idea or no?) and what size tires would look right under it...

And overall, should I even consider doing this or would it not be worth the hassle?

please show me a picture of said wheels and tires... hell just give me the sizes and we can calculate some measurements!!! are you just lifting the front to get a level ride? Edited by BURRITO
2 more cents

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

Thanks guys,i was really just wondering.I will more then likely buy something allready done.Be it a van or big truck. B)

Assman Idustries

Fear The Duck

Team Notoriously Loud Mafia

duck.jpg
bannerfans_8aed9634.png

please show me a picture of said wheels and tires... hell just give me the sizes and we can calculate some measurements!!! are you just lifting the front to get a level ride?

Some 20x9.5 ( i think thats the right width for my car), and probably some 32" tires, nothing crazy but just real aggressive looking is my goal. And yes I would just be leveling the front...Unless you have a different idea?

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Some 20x9.5 ( i think thats the right width for my car), and probably some 32" tires, nothing crazy but just real aggressive looking is my goal. And yes I would just be leveling the front...Unless you have a different idea?

cool! 275/60r/20... okay check it! we'll do torsion keys to level the front, that way we dont "crank" your torsion bars and create a harsh bumpy ride. the keys will maintain a factory ride FTW! the big question is... do you really want to lift the front, or shal we lower the rear??? i think the agressive look that your lookin for will require lifting that bad boy for steering clearance...

Hey Jeff! with all the wieght in my back end is it gonna hurt my rear suspension being "dropped" like that and how much would some torsion keys to level the front run (maybe 2")

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Hey Jeff! with all the wieght in my back end is it gonna hurt my rear suspension being "dropped" like that and how much would some torsion keys to level the front run (maybe 2")

my bad for not knowing, but what kinda truck is this? their all about the same price anyways... your cost is $129+ship

my bad for not knowing, but what kinda truck is this? their all about the same price anyways... your cost is $129+ship

YOU SUCK FOR NOT KNOWING!! BAD BURRITO! :D :D :D its an 04 burban 1500 oh yeah its 4wd though does that matter?

oh yeah and is the back end safe being dropped from the weight?

Edited by roscoe1129

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg