Second Skin Audio

Help me armrest port my 4th order

Alright so I made a new false floor outta two pieces of 3/4 mdf and test fitted my box without the top on seems like a perfect fit :D Only big step now is getting the armrest port right....The port lines up about right at the back of the armrest so I took the seat out to see what I'd have to do to cut a square hole for it and not only are there some metal pieces but the seat is like 4 inches thick with weird plastic pieces and shit I'm afraid that somehow even if I did manage to cut through that armrest that it would look like shit because you would be able to see the layers of stuff I cut through....Any input from someone whos done this before?

also keep in mind I made a removeable port and the port isn't yet secured in the panel so thats why its not in the picture before some smartass asks me why my port is just a hole in the box haha

1bcf497c.jpg

0fa055e0.jpg

bassboxscreenshot1.jpg

Edited by BEEMDUB

im not understanding...

is that giant square cutout your window or your port...

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

You could put a lip on each side of the seat and sort of sandwitch it together with screws. And then wrap the cabin side with cloth to mach your seat color. I would plug your box and port dimensions into torres to make sure of tuning though.

Edit: Didnt see 4th order in there. I don't know if torres will calculate a 4th order

Edited by 89capricebass

Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door

HU: Kenwood KDC-X395

Front Highs: stock

Back Mids: Stock

Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz)

Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini

Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg

Don't no what size box it is but 2x 6" or 3x 6" aeros through rear deck would be my choise

Here's the current specs with the slot

bassboxscreenshot1.jpg

and current specs with one 8" round port

roundportspec.jpg

with the 8 inch aero its 50 sq in of port with the rectangle port its about 55 I believe

Edited by BEEMDUB

If your going to cut through then start at the back, cut the plastic-y bits out, see if you need to box/frame around the metal so it doesn't let go across the whole width of the seat. DON'T cut out the shape in the foam/fabric layers. Keep them whole and pull/stretch/wrap them into the port and try join them to the backing to make a nice factory finish.

This is super generic advise, measure a bazillion times, cut once (especially as you only have one seat! hahah)

I think your after auto upholstery advice not box building, stick up a well lit shot of the layers in your seat so the materials are obvious. With the box is this hole in the seat going to add to the port? Factor that in. You may need to trim some off the inside lip, the box volume will be far less critical than the port volume.

ok so thinking about doing the 8" aero port because I'm thinkin that might be easier and less destructive to the car lol so heres a pic of the 8 inch hole in the rear deck it would be about a foot depth wise into the box and offset to the right...Would that cause any loading problems with port being more over one sub than the other?

496c8bf6.jpg

Edited by BEEMDUB