Second Skin Audio

More power more cubic feet?

I have been wondering if I have twice the power, for an example, does that mean I need more cubic feet over all so that the bump does not hit so hard even after pushing your bass q back all the way because even if you change the port opening inside opening and channel space the bump remains the same only your 808 range drops and loses high hz or vise eras in therory

usually you would go smaller on higher power

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

I can make shit worth of sense of what you wrote, but no, increase power, decrease volume (of enclosure) so you dont over work the subs suspension.

I have been wondering if I have twice the power, for an example, does that mean I need more cubic feet over all so that the bump does not hit so hard even after pushing your bass q back all the way because even if you change the port opening inside opening and channel space the bump remains the same only your 808 range drops and loses high hz or vise eras in therory

why are you talking about an 808? and pushing back your bass q, do you mean where it peaks? how narrow/wide your freq response curve is or what? Im all sorts of lost reading this, id re-word your question if i were you.

But no, if you increase the power, typically you decrease your enclosures volume.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

OnlypunctuationIsawweretwocommasandIdont

Seethepointofthoseeven

uhoh, gramar police are here...lol

I get your point, but its the interwebz, and its a forum, not a professional forum, a car audio forum. Grammar, punctuation and spelling are kinda loose on here.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

you sound like that dude that owns the shop over in vidalia.... is that you?

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Ahahahahahahaha sorry that was my thought and did not have time to rethink out how I was going to type it.

The main question was, with more power do you increase box volume? And for that answer I got that I need a smaller volume.

So does that mean in order to catch lower or higher hz it is all in the port hight with inside till exit (that noise where you blow air while you pucker not the bump)? Annnnd wouldn't a smaller volume turn a bump to a bang?

I can not grasp that with more power you need less air.

what if you increase overall volume and have your port start (inside) cut the overall volume smaller than recommend volume (because now we have more power) channel through with X specs and exit with X specs would that over work suspension.

I thought the mesh metal that goes over the sub prevents over working suspension.

Grammar, punctuation, and spelling should be held as very important no matter what type of forum this is. Otherwise, how will one be able to get the proper help that they may be asking for?

I am pretty intelligent and I had a hard time understanding what you are talking about in your first post. I got the question you asked about changing box size for upgraded power, but usually I look at a poster's other remarks to gauge their understanding of the issue so I can help clear up mis-understandings they may have and aid them in being able to start figuring out these issues on their own.

But I honestly have no idea what to tell you from that first post.

Maybe English is not your first language but I also believe that the terms you are using are not common, so maybe you will have to clear up what you mean when you say "bump" or bang" or "catch lower hz" or "inside till exit"

Hell just make a video and explain it verbally and point to things in your car.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion