I HATE MY TOUCHHSCREEN..Suggestions on an SQ replacement?

ive had my pioneer AVH-P8400bh for 3 months now. I HATE IT. after you get ooooooooooohhd and ahhhhhhhhhhhed by the bells and whistles youll never use again, it became aparent to me just how much of a piece of crap this thing is...pioneer dropped the ball AGAIN. Please understand ive had higher end tough screen headunits since they first came out and lots of other im no stranger to what to expect.

But seriously my iphone has a better and easier and more reliable interface IN EVERY WAY than the app radio on this thing.

Pro's- BEAUITFUL headunit and screen..... and thats it..

Con's= SLOW locks up CONSTANTLY. i have to shut it off constantly as it and the iphonetry and kill each other (yes i had my iphone checked out by apple its not the issue). switching between app mode and normal is like juggling nitrous..eventually your gonna screw up an BOOOOOM!!! and it does frequently.

SO i have decided to sell my 8400BH and replace it with a high end single din combined with a motorized touchscreen for dash command and netflix and the like.

So my budget is about 750.00 i suppose maybe more depending. Here is what im looking for

#1- i have an audiocontrol matrix AND DQXS so i dont really need a zillion sound contouring options.

#2-bluetooth would be nice but with a headphone jack plugged into iphone any music is auto paused by the iphone anyway.. so its not essential.

#3-i hate sony so dont even mention that lol.

so far im thinking the Eclipse MK7200, the new pioneer audiphile headunit NOT the 1200.00 one the little brother the 80prs? and i know alpine makes some good stuff... OHHHH IT HAS TO HAVE AN AUDIO IN OR A HEADPHONE JACK!!!! so mainly what im looking for is high end constuction, nice looks and great sound

I have the Kenwood DNX9980HD ... and love it !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Price range? I love my CDA-9887.

Pioneer, i forget the model numbers, ones like DEH-P99 the other is 880 or something. Ill look more and get back.

Pioneer DEH-80, 880PRS are also good ones that don't cost 1k....

Edited by siucsaluki11

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

double dins are overrated, till i find one that has all the functions of my 9887, ill put it in, till then, not a chance. I like being able to run active off the HU.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

the 9887 looks like a good unit

I'm extremely happy with it. Had it in for 3 years now, not a single problem. The newer pioneers may have some more modern luxuries built in. I could have fitted a double din in my dash no problems. But i wanted the features of the 9887.

the iphone has the ONLY sirius interface that allows me to monitor whats playing on my favorites and in EVERY way the apps i need run better on the iphone so theres no need for a touchscreen anymore. the alpine 9887 if i can get one newish, the pioneer 80prs seem like the most likely candidates

the pioneer deh80prs, its my next bigger purchase for the car.

sonicelectronis doesnt show it on their website but crutchfield has a great price, its a lot of head unit for the money.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13080PRS/Pioneer-DEH-80PRS.html?tp=5684

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

oh man, after looking at that, i kinda want one now...just so i can run my iPod to it and have bluetooth. My town is now all construction zones, as are a lot of the highways around here, and theres no talking on the phone in a work zone.