Best for the buck

never had the infinity speakers but all the other speakers i have had never really shined until i amped them with at least 40 watt rms per channel . i have currently alpine type s 6.5 components and and coaxial speakers and if you can get a deal they are an ok value .

http://www.sonicelec...o-C3-650CW.html

here's a bit of a deal , but they are out of stock other wise i would have bought these . i also would be willing to give rf a try , i have read elsewhere that the infinities scream on deck power .

if it were me i would really plan on running an amp for mids and highs .

In reality, he should get speakers that shine either way. I think Infinity will fit the bill and run well without an amp and when he gets an amp, they'll truly shine. Alpine Type E and Type S components are very nice for the money.

Alpine CDE-164BT/Rockford Fosgate P400X4

Kicker CS 6.5" Components (Front)

Kicker 6.5" Composites (Rear) (Running at -10DB for soundstage)

RF P400X1 Monoblock

2x Rockford Punch P1 12" 4 OHM SVC running @ 2 OHM in sealed 1" MDF box.

for my highs and mids i bought some Kicker DS35 and DS693. (3.5" and 6x9) but they have 6.5" im sure.

they are really a great bang for the buck. they are amazingly clear and crisp. havent heard any distortion whatsoever

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_m23_i47_kicker-6-1-2-speakers.html

a lot of great reviews

What about ks series, any reviews?

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

for my highs and mids i bought some Kicker DS35 and DS693. (3.5" and 6x9) but they have 6.5" im sure.

they are really a great bang for the buck. they are amazingly clear and crisp. havent heard any distortion whatsoever

http://www.sonicelec...2-speakers.html

a lot of great reviews

What about ks series, any reviews?

i have had no experience with the KS series but i would imagine so.

but i like the DS 6x9 over the KS 6x9 because of the dual tweeter set up.

i have the DS35 hooked up on headunit(getting perfect RMS for the small speakers)

and i have a Pioneer GM-3400T bridged giving the two DS693 75rms each.

and it feels like someone puncturing my eardrum with sound needles when i turn it up!(hurts even at volume 22).

that also gives me a total of 6 tweeters in the front.

i'm VERY happy with the DS series and would suggest them very much, especially if the OP would amp them!

My $9 Focal mids from parts-express sound amazing, and they get pretty loud for being 8 ohms, and on headunit power.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

i hated the sound of infinity speakers in every install i've seen with them. WAY too bright. if ear piercing tweeters are your thing, then go for it.

There is a HUGE difference between my old B-pillar Infinity Reference series 4X6s and my newer Rockford 5.25 components in the same location. There are things I've heard in songs that used to be so shrill before I never knew WHAT they truly sounded like. I agree, I used to think Infinity was nice, but they are bright as shit. Even the silk dome components are pretty harsh and not very detailed.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Yeah, I'd have to agree about the Infinitys, they are too damn bright, I don't like either their Car or Home audio gear.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)