Thinking Of Getting A Job At Best Buy

not having those liscense is a bitch huh...just wait cause soon you will be making alot of grociery trips

Hah.....

Sisters, OR is a TINY town...... I could walk from one end to the other in 5-10 minutes.... LOL.

Grocery store, I can walk (or bike) to. :)

McDonalds, I can walk (or bike) to. :)

Best Buy, I can't. :(

Starting wage at McDonalds I think is like $8 an hour. Not too sure on Oregons minimum wage... lol.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I worked at Ccity for about a month before the manager changed my schedule without telling me 1 day before I had 4 appointments with:

*an electrician

*a plumber

*cable company

*cabinet guy.

When I told him I wasn't comming in because he changed my schedule last minute after 2 weeks of it saying the same thing, and I had people to meet he said do what you had to do- I never came back. :D He really was a dick, he tells people I came in late the day I was supposed to work and quit- so he's a liar too. He changed the shedule Wed. for Friday (I saw the change thus night) so I came in hours before I was due fri to talk to him in person about it. Since then I've had 5+ people tell me he's ruined their plans by changing the shedule and not telling them.

In the install bay you get perks for installing quickly. The have set goals, like a cd player shouldn't take more than 45 minutes or something like that. Then they charge the money for the quick connects, and slap it in. I know tahoes and yukons really well, so lets say it's a tahoe. I can swap out the cd player if nothing fancy is going on in 5 minutes. That means my labor percentage is several times the 100% they like to see. (a job that takes 2 hours done in 1 hour= 200%)

At the end of the month you get a bonus check for a few hundred bucks, but it takes 3- THREE months before you see a penny of that money. The discounts were sick on car audio stuff though- Kicker 2500.1s for 400-500 or so each brand new, solo-x 18s for 450 bnib. Plenty of others, but kicker had the best deals.

Sales are good, but you need to understand the install part as well, and yes if you sell new door speakers you better sell the wires to throw them in, a new h/u if they don't have one, a sub/amp if they do, and maybe a nice 4 channel, satellite radio, and a garmin lol. The top salesman at the ccity where I worked was rediculous. I saw a dude come in for door speakers and leave with almost $2k in crap.

I think starting wage there is like $8.75 an hour. As a salesman you get perks too though (in the entertainment dept.) you get a $20 gift card for the top sales that day, and a $20 gift card for the most expensive single sale (like if you sell 4k between tv, blu-ray player, sound setup, etc.).

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Sales are good, but you need to understand the install part as well, and yes if you sell new door speakers you better sell the wires to throw them in, a new h/u if they don't have one, a sub/amp if they do, and maybe a nice 4 channel, satellite radio, and a garmin lol. The top salesman at the ccity where I worked was rediculous. I saw a dude come in for door speakers and leave with almost $2k in crap.

:blink:

Stock H/U and mids/highs

NVX LOC

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

They want me to work there too. I work at Targets backroom/warehouse they will pay me more to do the same their or install car audio/home entertainment tv's/audio. I just have to get a class certified by them to show i can do the job, which i know im by far more than certifited for lol!

w00t!

I feel stupid.

I forgot there's different restrictions for Oregon child labor laws... I was still going off the laws for 14/15 year olds.... DUH! I just looked up the restrictions for 16/17 year olds. =]] 44 hours a week maximum. Can work any amount of hours, as long as it doesn't exceed 44 hours for the total amount of hours worked. :D

Well.....

I there's a few places within walking distance of my house I'm gonna check out for employment in 4 hours or so.... Sooo. wish me luck! :)

Stock H/U and mids/highs

NVX LOC

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

well workign there your like a drone, you have no set schedule, your expendabe, they hire a SHITLOAD and only work you guys a few hours a week unless your a senior employee, no commission, and a SHITLOAD of people to deal with in a day...hmm i wouldnt work there

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

dude i saw helll yeah. this is probably the best company i have ever worked for. they have great people. i dont know if it is my store but from what i hear the entire best but company is that way. and give up on geek squad qith out college or a ton of prior experience it wont happen. a very good friend of mine works for microsoft and they would not let him work there. they told him he has too much experience. they want someone right out of college.

----reference's----

meade916

and beside why the hell would you want commission. on slow days you make no money. commission jobs are fucking stupid IMO. right now, in my area at least the car audio business is starting to slow down. which means if i was commission i would not have gotten paid the last four days because we did not sell a single thing in my department. o and BTW i am extremely happy about this i just got my raise and a new position. as of Jan. 21st. i am officially the department manager of car audio.

----reference's----

meade916

^^^ comission FTMFW... ;) being in the wrong trade FTL...

Edited by BURRITO

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

Yeah comission retail sucks. I use to work at the good guys (cali peephs know) they were equal to circuit city or best buys out here. I started off on the sales floor and ended up in the install bay. I learned a lot and had fun working there but, its not much of a career move. Since your young I'd say go for it. Pick up all the experience you can move up as fast as you can and leave. Unless you think your cut out for retail life don't look at it as more as a stepping stone. Your on this forum so its obvious your in to car audio. But, I guarantee you though half of the guys on here don't work in Car Audio Industry any more and some many never have. Good Luck in your job hunting.