First Termlab!!!

My local shop has a termlab so I was curious what my system would hit. I have a 2002 nissan xterra with a hybrid psi/fi bl 18, crescendo bc2000 wired all to one ohm in a little more than an 8 cu ft box tuned to 30hz. Well I metered 141.8 for my peak and that was on stock electrical. I am purchasing an xs3100 soon and doing the big 3. Also I will sound deaden my roof, my trunk is already deaden but I will be deadening the trunk even more with some great stuff to make it heavy. But anyway was that a good number with all those factors in play?

id probably try putting a sundown audio sticker on the window first, before you spend all that money. it will make you 30 points cooler and give you 15db, which is well worth $5 for the sticker.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

My local shop has a termlab so I was curious what my system would hit. I have a 2002 nissan xterra with a hybrid psi/fi bl 18, crescendo bc2000 wired all to one ohm in a little more than an 8 cu ft box tuned to 30hz. Well I metered 141.8 for my peak and that was on stock electrical. I am purchasing an xs3100 soon and doing the big 3. Also I will sound deaden my roof, my trunk is already deaden but I will be deadening the trunk even more with some great stuff to make it heavy. But anyway was that a good number with all those factors in play?

id probably try putting a sundown audio sticker on the window first, before you spend all that money. it will make you 30 points cooler and give you 15db, which is well worth $5 for the sticker.

Haha yet I don't run sundown but that may help... If I put kicker comp stickers I'd hit 180dbzzzzzz haha

Id start with the box.

I've thought about maybe trying to design a removable port or something like that.

Don't deaden yet. I lost a few tenths after deadening my hatch. My hatch like to rattle. If anyone even touches it, I lose .5. What frequency did you peak at? I personally think you would see an upgrade moving to a box that closer to 6 cu ft. tuned around 34. But still be musically.

Post up some pics of your box and install so we could help better. But yes, I agree. Start with the box.

Don't deaden yet. I lost a few tenths after deadening my hatch. My hatch like to rattle. If anyone even touches it, I lose .5. What frequency did you peak at? I personally think you would see an upgrade moving to a box that closer to 6 cu ft. tuned around 34. But still be musically.

Post up some pics of your box and install so we could help better. But yes, I agree. Start with the box.

Is there anyway I could mess with the current box you even think deadening the roof wouldn't help because it looks mad. my roof is going crazy plus it doesn't sound great outside either because of that...

Edited by SMZ2

My cabin resonant is 51 and I peak in the 30s and still was doing decent #s on the 12 at 1ohm on my bc2k.... that said, where are you peaking and what is your cabin resonant. Also, can you post a pic of the box and where its placed in your cargo area. Perhaps you are getting funny loading issues

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

I'm not able to post up any pics right now I got a video of the first run but you can only see the 141.8db everything else is kinda hard to see.... I'm going to mess with it some though and try for a better score.

I wish my local shop had a termlab... :sorry:

Honestly the one here hasn't had it long and they had some registration problems with it but I got a cheaper run because of that XD

Thanks so much man couldnt have done it without your help man. The electrical will definitely help and you'll have give me some pointers on the big 3 haha

Glad I could help out man. Anytime you need some help on somethin just shoot me a text and we will get it done. The big 3 will not be a problem at all. just have to get use to soldering and after that your good. I think once that voltage stays 13.8v+ you will see near a steady 2k rms.

I'm going to upload the pics of the box design below. Got to get them on photobucket and ill upload them shortly.

-James

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Thanks so much man couldnt have done it without your help man. The electrical will definitely help and you'll have give me some pointers on the big 3 haha

Glad I could help out man. Anytime you need some help on somethin just shoot me a text and we will get it done. The big 3 will not be a problem at all. just have to get use to soldering and after that your good. I think once that voltage stays 13.8v+ you will see near a steady 2k rms.

I'm going to upload the pics of the box design below. Got to get them on photobucket and ill upload them shortly.

-James

Thanks for uploading my box design man the only difference on there is that the port width ended up being 6 inches right? which tuned it from 32

hz to 30hz

Not a problem at all and yea that is correct man. I am trying to dig up a pic of the torres on this box and it just doesn't want to show up. If nothing else maybe I can get another torres done on it and upload that. Ill report back in a few for sure

My Selling Feedback

Build Log