DC Sound Lab

Too much power for lvl 6??

Missed that cj. I honestly think its a bit large for that much power it is still a four inch coil right? Throwing retarded amounts of power at a single woofer is never a good idea. If it was out of phase it would heat up but output should be reduced as well you'd think that would be noticeable in a single sub setup,

I dont think it is way too big, but I would be at 5-5.5 net.

Also he could be running into serious voltage drop and that could be causing issues as well. A 5k at .5 is a silly amount of draw

now that i think of it this sounds reasonable i see 3 xs3100 but no h/o alt and your running a dc 5K at .5 ohm

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

I would check what ray said. If the coil is wired out of phase that could cause this issue.

how would i check if it was out of phase i guess lol dont wanna do it wrong and do something i kno the phase setting on the amp is at 0. Sub level is 15/15 and i only drop .4 from 13.6 full tilt i got 5 xs d3100 lol

89 Ford Bronco 2

6 DC XL M2 12's

1 DC 9K

Dual Singer Alts

7 Xs D3100s & 1 D6500

All Audio Techinx OFC 1/0

Doing 55s at 26hz!!!

Isn't this the same user who burned the last level 6?

lol yea but ive learned from that and never had a problem till i switched decks

89 Ford Bronco 2

6 DC XL M2 12's

1 DC 9K

Dual Singer Alts

7 Xs D3100s & 1 D6500

Doing 55s at 26hz!!!

I would check what ray said. If the coil is wired out of phase that could cause this issue.

how would i check if it was out of phase i guess lol dont wanna do it wrong and do something i kno the phase setting on the amp is at 0. Sub level is 15/15 and i only drop .4 from 13.6 full tilt i got 5 xs d3100 lol

You said you used the DD1 on your amp, but when you checked you Headunit, was the sub level at 15/15? I always leave my sub level at 0 and then set my gain accordingly. This would be my first recommendation for adjustment.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

dc5k @ .5 on stock alt?

The poor alt :o

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

if u set the sub at 0 the dd-1 wouldnt pick up the signal ive done it b4 and thought the dd-1 was broke and the sub level was at 0

89 Ford Bronco 2

6 DC XL M2 12's

1 DC 9K

Dual Singer Alts

7 Xs D3100s & 1 D6500

Doing 55s at 26hz!!!