DC Sound Lab

I have what looks like a lvl 4 18 but it ohms to 3.4 on each coil. Is it a lvl 3?

I see dual leads on it also, it might have a Lv5m1 coil option in it but its a older sub with no venting in the frame so you cant see the coil to say for sure.

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

I have some beat up sony subs laying around, single 4. I just when and ohm them and they read 4.8? Thats not a full 1.5 off

The impedence of a woofer is more of a ballpark, if you look at the sony's t/s it is probably 3.5ish DC resistance.

Ok, well good deal then. thanks for posting up that little heads up. I about just scrapped a level 4! Im going to upgrade multi meters just to be a bit safer. In all my years of ohms I have never thought of this. You guys are amazing, thanks!

I see dual leads on it also, it might have a Lv5m1 coil option in it but its a older sub with no venting in the frame so you cant see the coil to say for sure.

I know when I got it the negative lead of one of the coils was burnt right at the cone so I removed the dustcap and re soldered the wire. Anything I could of seen while I was in there to confirm this?

Could you see if it was a flat wire or round wire coil? flat would be the XL upgrade and round would be a stock LEvel 4.

the lead from the coil was round wire. I could not see the vc, there was a metal sleave over it. Im going to say its a regular level 4