Second Skin Audio

how to wire 6 10s

ZachG

dont buy a prefab, I didnt have a clue what i was doing with my first box and it turned out shit, so i tried again and this one slams. With all the info in this thread and joe's box you will have no problem at all. unless you cant read :L then you might be screwed hah

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

If building the box with slot port is a promlem, then yes aero will be better, in you case

You could also look at something like a p3-2x12

It fits in your meserment and they sound good as well, I'm not sure on the us pricing,

It may be a prefab, but, t's one that work well and gets loud, and seen as your going to have trouble building a box it may be a good option to look at

Your getting it all wrong, I do have wood working skills and am good with measurements. Building a 12 box is going to be pretty easy. I just think building a box for the 15s I wanted to do INSIDE my trunk was Gunna be really hard at this point.

A dual 12 box will be fine I was just asking if aero ports would be better for space and sound better and get louder

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

One of my local audio shops sell that for 350$ New

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Now that, that's sorted

Onto a custom box it is,

As for prefab, I don't like them either, but if you had to pick one, one built by the manifactor is going to be better suites to that sub then an off the shelf one,

So if you have no tools or skill then that's what I would pick.

And on a side note that box rrp for $1250 here in Aust.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=120452

But most shops sell it for between $11-1200

it still needs some tweeking if your after something like it

6th.png

Which side do the subs go on?

What kind of box is that?

Tuned to?

For 12s?

its for 2 sa12

subs only fit on one side,

box is 6th order

rear

3.1cuft net @30.1hz

front

1.35cuft net @53.1

I've heard 6th orders aren't as loud or sound as good at 4th or just ported

I've heard that 6th orders are one of the most efficient alignments when done right. But, I've also heard that they're very hard to design right, and very easy to mess up.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

I've heard that 6th orders are one of the most efficient alignments when done right. But, I've also heard that they're very hard to design right, and very easy to mess up.

This is very true,

That box has a +-0.5db difference over 30-65hz @ +6.5db

And +-1db over 25-70hz

Archived