REVOofRustler Posted October 5, 2012 Author Report Posted October 5, 2012 U only have to throw it on charge once right? This makes me want more work done in the durango I'm actually probably gonna be charging it about once a week. It's not mandatory, but after reading around on here and talking to a few people, I've learned that the battery will perform better if you charge it back up every once in a while. A lot of people on here actually throw their vehicles on the charger anytime they can. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Twostrokeking Posted October 5, 2012 Report Posted October 5, 2012 That battery is tits. If you don't mind me asking, how much is one of those? My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
REVOofRustler Posted October 5, 2012 Author Report Posted October 5, 2012 That battery is tits. If you don't mind me asking, how much is one of those? Haha, I got it off Amazon, and it's a Prime item so I got free shipping by using my parents' account (tax is still included though). And then after ordering battery posts it came to like $398 I believe. I think Amazon has it listed for $339.99. I'm expecting good things out of this battery! Haha 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Twostrokeking Posted October 5, 2012 Report Posted October 5, 2012 That battery is tits. If you don't mind me asking, how much is one of those? Haha, I got it off Amazon, and it's a Prime item so I got free shipping by using my parents' account (tax is still included though). And then after ordering battery posts it came to like $398 I believe. I think Amazon has it listed for $339.99. I'm expecting good things out of this battery! Haha Damn! Shit is expensive lol. I'm still running on a walmart batt. My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
REVOofRustler Posted October 5, 2012 Author Report Posted October 5, 2012 Very nice! That's pretty much what I'm on right now (Carquest battery) and I'm really not getting bad voltage drop. I'll get down to like 12.8ish full tilt on the lows. I'll see how it does running the amp at 1 ohm though once I get the sub and battery put in. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
KiKaZz74 Posted October 5, 2012 Report Posted October 5, 2012 Ya that's where I'm at too revo. im running a duralast gold From autozone. I just toasted my last one but i got 3year warantty on it so I'm not complaining much. If i start clipping i can drop into high 11s. Usually never goes below 12.4 tho at full tilt at idle. Im just waiting for my alt to take a dump so i can get a singer unit then Ill do a xs bat. After i get a job of course.... But looking good so far. I love ur wire scheme. Wish i would've done that. I'm running blue everything... Cant wait for that fi to come in. My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
REVOofRustler Posted October 5, 2012 Author Report Posted October 5, 2012 Ya that's where I'm at too revo. im running a duralast gold From autozone. I just toasted my last one but i got 3year warantty on it so I'm not complaining much. If i start clipping i can drop into high 11s. Usually never goes below 12.4 tho at full tilt at idle. Im just waiting for my alt to take a dump so i can get a singer unit then Ill do a xs bat. After i get a job of course.... But looking good so far. I love ur wire scheme. Wish i would've done that. I'm running blue everything... Cant wait for that fi to come in. Im hoping my alternator does fine with everything set up. If not then I might start lookin into a Mechman 270. But hey! That'll give me a bit of room for upgrades in the future! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
KiKaZz74 Posted October 5, 2012 Report Posted October 5, 2012 I'd go mechman if the cost wasn't so high. 270a=$500+shipping or something I thought when i checked. Singer 270a was $370 shipped I think. I'll pull up the emails and look soon My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
REVOofRustler Posted October 5, 2012 Author Report Posted October 5, 2012 Yeah, I might have to check out the singer. Anyways, I just got an email saying the Fi was delivered! And here I am, stuck at school with one class to go... 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
REVOofRustler Posted October 5, 2012 Author Report Posted October 5, 2012 It's been a looooong three weeks... But MAN does this woofer look beastly! My worst fear was that the package would be torn and beaten up when it got here. Looks like Fedex took care of it very well though! Mmmmmmmm There she is! Internal leads The motor seems so much bigger in person! Stickers! I'm gonna get the threaded inserts put in the box tonight, and then I'll have it playing tomorrow! But for now, I have to go to work... 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.