revoracing247 Posted November 23, 2012 Report Posted November 23, 2012 Well I kind of got off track from what I had planned for my mids and highs setup. I had to take advantage of one of these Black Friday deals, so I have a Crescendo C1100.4 on its way to my house! 180 watts rms at 4 ohms should be sufficient for whatever components I choose to run. I'm also starting to rethink getting the Hertz components. I'm sure that they would sound fantastic, but I'm really having a hard time justifying the 600 dollar price tag. Crescendo is coming out with some new component sets that look pretty great (the Mezzo series), so I may just try those out. If they have anywhere near the same quality as my BC2000D, then they should sound great! Plus, I could by a couple sets of them and build myself some nice door panels for less than one set of the Hertz! So that's where I'm at right now! I probably won't put everything in my truck until I have everything I really need, including an alternator and extra batteries, so updates from here will probably be few and far between. pics though when it comes in! ~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~
REVOofRustler Posted November 23, 2012 Author Report Posted November 23, 2012 Well I kind of got off track from what I had planned for my mids and highs setup. I had to take advantage of one of these Black Friday deals, so I have a Crescendo C1100.4 on its way to my house! 180 watts rms at 4 ohms should be sufficient for whatever components I choose to run. I'm also starting to rethink getting the Hertz components. I'm sure that they would sound fantastic, but I'm really having a hard time justifying the 600 dollar price tag. Crescendo is coming out with some new component sets that look pretty great (the Mezzo series), so I may just try those out. If they have anywhere near the same quality as my BC2000D, then they should sound great! Plus, I could by a couple sets of them and build myself some nice door panels for less than one set of the Hertz! So that's where I'm at right now! I probably won't put everything in my truck until I have everything I really need, including an alternator and extra batteries, so updates from here will probably be few and far between. pics though when it comes in! Definitely! Crescendo said this morning that they were gonna have a surprise on their Facebook sometime today, so I think they're gonna be releasing the specs on their components finally! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
revoracing247 Posted November 23, 2012 Report Posted November 23, 2012 sweeet! moment of truth! ~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~
REVOofRustler Posted November 24, 2012 Author Report Posted November 24, 2012 Crescendo came out with some of the specs on the Mezzos! 150 watt RMS rating with 4 ohm impedance, so that should work really well with the C1100.4! I'll probably tune it with the -0 db track with the DD-1, just to be safe. And I'm sure it'll be plenty loud either way! Edit: Expected release date is December 17th, but they're taking pre orders now! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Omega5002 Posted November 25, 2012 Report Posted November 25, 2012 The C1100.4 is a very nice beefy 4 channel, and if you ever get a 3500, it'll match nicely along with it, and I really like the looks of the Mezzo components myself as well 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
REVOofRustler Posted November 25, 2012 Author Report Posted November 25, 2012 The C1100.4 is a very nice beefy 4 channel, and if you ever get a 3500, it'll match nicely along with it, and I really like the looks of the Mezzo components myself as well I'm pretty pumped to get the amp in! Once I get all my mids and highs done, I'll probably take a break from spending money on my truck's system and start saving up for a nice downhill bike (Evil Revolt, Demo 8, or a Transition TR450 for those who care). I may end up upgrading my truck some more next summer though! Possibly a BC3500 and an SP4 or a BTL N2... 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
OrangeJuiced Posted November 25, 2012 Report Posted November 25, 2012 Great build man. Lovin everything so far. I also have a c1100.4 on the way. Wanting to run active for a little better tuning. I say we do a blow through in your truck. 2 fi 18" sp4's? On a dc 10k... A little over the top lol. Anyways nice build. Hopefully you get those mezzo components. I'm contemplating them. Along with redoing my door panels completely. 2001 GMC Sierra Build. Body dropped and Juiced
REVOofRustler Posted November 25, 2012 Author Report Posted November 25, 2012 Great build man. Lovin everything so far. I also have a c1100.4 on the way. Wanting to run active for a little better tuning. I say we do a blow through in your truck. 2 fi 18" sp4's? On a dc 10k... A little over the top lol. Anyways nice build. Hopefully you get those mezzo components. I'm contemplating them. Along with redoing my door panels completely. Hahaha I'd love to do a blow through, but I need the bed of my truck more! My truck is typically the one me and my friends take to go dirtbiking, and it ends up like this: I'm also planning on running an active front stage with the C1100.4. I'll also probably end up trying to fiberglass some door pods so that I can fit a couple sets of the Mezzos in each door, but that will come a bit later. By the way, I'm not usually a fan of lowered trucks, but yours is definitely an exception! Everything about that truck is great! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
revoracing247 Posted November 28, 2012 Report Posted November 28, 2012 is that steph's tt? and i need to get my head in this week to get the valves checked ~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~
REVOofRustler Posted November 28, 2012 Author Report Posted November 28, 2012 is that steph's tt? and i need to get my head in this week to get the valves checked It is Steph's! That was when her, me and Kyle went to Tahuya. You should get your bike back togther and then we go riding while you're home!! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.