alenv10 Posted December 11, 2012 Report Posted December 11, 2012 god dam thats nice, I'm fuckin pissed that i have fuckin college starting and i can't afford to do this shit anymore. fuckin bullshit man. system is going to be beautiful NOTHING DOWN HERE YET OBSIDIAN FTW
REVOofRustler Posted December 12, 2012 Author Report Posted December 12, 2012 god dam thats nice, I'm fuckin pissed that i have fuckin college starting and i can't afford to do this shit anymore. fuckin bullshit man. system is going to be beautiful Haha thank you! Anyways, I'm still trying to keep one back seat available for a passenger if need be, but I wasn't sure how I was going to do it with both amps. I was actually starting to get worried that I wouldn't be able to fit both amps in there at all... But it turns out I can fit both of them underneath the back seat, and it's gonna look sick! The first step was to take out all my trim panels. I'm starting to get pretty fast at this... And then here's the storage bin under the back seat. This thing is getting taken out for good. Storage bin out. All the bumps and stuff are what made it difficult to get a good design for the rack. Rough little idea of what I want it to be like Used the jigsaw to make mdf pieces to mount the amps to Another mockup Little bit of clearance... Clearance on top. I'm gonna be cutting out holes in the sheets the amps are mounted on so they can cool from the bottom too. And then here's how far I got tonight. Nothing is secured or glued/screwed together yet. I've still got quite a bit of work to do tomorrow, but it's coming along nicely! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
revoracing247 Posted December 12, 2012 Report Posted December 12, 2012 don't have work tomorrow im guessing? lol looks good though! i suck at doing the whole planning thing for stuff like this ~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~
REVOofRustler Posted December 13, 2012 Author Report Posted December 13, 2012 I got my amp rack done today! It took me the whole day, but I'm glad to have it done! First thing that happened with it today was that I found out I didn't leave any clearance at all for my trim panels. I ended up having to move one of the outside brackets in even closer to the C1100.4. The cutouts look like crap, but you won't be able to see them anyways. And then here's how much clearance I had afterwards And then I cut out some holes on the pieces that the amps go on so that they get some cooling from the bottom. So after I finally got all the pieces cut out and figured out how everything was gonna go in, my truck was a mess... So I broke out the vacuum and cleaned everything up! Hooked up my ground cable And then I ran the wires for my remote gain knobs under the carpet to where the center console goes The next step was to put the lower trim panels back in And then I put in the middle piece of the amp rack and mounted my fuse block I used threaded inserts for mounting the amps 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
REVOofRustler Posted December 13, 2012 Author Report Posted December 13, 2012 And then I hooked everything up to the BC2000D (I'll hook up the C1100.4 once I have all my wiring and my speakers and all that fun stuff) Got it in place Stuck the C1100.4 in I picked up some threaded rods at the hardware store so that I could utilize the mounting points from the stock storage bin And then the top pieces go on. I'll probably get another one to go across the entire thing, but I figured this was good enough for now Top trim pieces go in. Those are the most annoying things to put back in... Seat rest goes back in Then the sub And then everything is all back together! I vacuumed off all the seats and everything before I put them back in the truck because they had a layer of saw dust on them... And here's the finished product! Once I get my new box built (hoping to work on that sometime next week), I'll probably paint all the pieces of the amp rack to match. For now I just wanted to get my truck back together. Let me know what you think! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
revoracing247 Posted December 13, 2012 Report Posted December 13, 2012 i like how it looks! even those amazingly straight cuts on the venting holes lol btw just gotta say you did a good job painting your box..... ~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~
REVOofRustler Posted December 13, 2012 Author Report Posted December 13, 2012 i like how it looks! even those amazingly straight cuts on the venting holes lol btw just gotta say you did a good job painting your box..... Hahaha apparently my camera isn't so great. The box has a lot of scuffs and there are even few chips out of the paint... 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
REVOofRustler Posted December 16, 2012 Author Report Posted December 16, 2012 I just ordered two sets of Crescendo Mezzo components! They're supposed to ship sometime between the 17th and January 4th. I'm pretty excited! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
REVOofRustler Posted December 28, 2012 Author Report Posted December 28, 2012 I still haven't gotten my Mezzo's yet, but I did get a bit of Knukonceptz wiring for my 4 channel! I still need some 1/0 to run to the back, RCA's, speaker wire, and another battery to throw in the back. 10 feet of black 1/0, 5 feet of black 4 gauge, and 10 feet of blue 4 gauge I've decided to wait a bit on the alternator (my voltage doesn't drop much at all until I really start clipping), so I picked up something else in place of it! All assembled I'm gonna be building a box for a buddy of mine who got a Sundown E 15 for Christmas. Once I'm done with that, I'll try to get started on my new box. I do start school again on the 2nd though, so that might go somewhat slowly. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
revoracing247 Posted December 28, 2012 Report Posted December 28, 2012 i can't wait to start cutting wood tomorrow! ~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.