Second Skin Audio

How do you guys seal off your wall without damaging headliner?

painters tape that and use great stuff possibly?

thats exactly what i said in my above post and people said thats a bad idea lol

really? don't listen to me then lol. I don't mind doing it to my trunk, but a headliner is a different story for sure

painters tape that and use great stuff possibly?

thats exactly what i said in my above post and people said thats a bad idea lol

really? don't listen to me then lol. I don't mind doing it to my trunk, but a headliner is a different story for sure

that sounded kinda bad the way i said it lol. I'm not saying your wrong, or there wrong, but if someone has experience with it please let me know!

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

Is say the pool noddles is a good idea that wouldn't damadge anything, & tape the with black electriical tape so they aren't so noticeable

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Why not use something like this, stick the painter tape to it so the tape doesn't stick to the headliner. Then put this on the edge of your trim panels. If you use 1/4" mdf it should work, and it will have some give to it

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/546713486/rubber_seal_strip_gasket_for_windows.html?s=p

Why not use something like this, stick the painter tape to it so the tape doesn't stick to the headliner. Then put this on the edge of your trim panels. If you use 1/4" mdf it should work, and it will have some give to it

http://www.alibaba.c...indows.html?s=p

that seems like it would definitely work. I was thinking on my lunch break about some stuff i saw before that is sort up a rubber stripping that goes around boards. I saw it at lowes a while back. It was sticky on one side. That would work perfect as I could bend it how I want. But I can't remember what it's called. anyone know what I'm talking about?

Audio Build

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

466rwhp

Bike

388608.jpg

something like this? i would go this route as was stated earlier. but get something thicker than what's pictured. that's weather stripping by the way

That's not exactly what I was talking about but that definitely seems like the way to go! I think that's the route I will take. I'll use cardboard to measure, mdf to fill the gap, and the weather stripping on top to protect the headliner. Thanks alot for all the input everyone!

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike

Spray expanding foam into plastic sheeting or even plastic bags around the box, that way it won't leave any residue in the car. Watch it carefully to make sure it stays how you want it. Then trim it out and make it look nice with some wood. Use thick foam tape around the wood to make sure the wood doesn't leave any marks either. If there are significant spaces that need to be filled in, you may want to take some wood, like 2x4s, and build up around the front of the box before you apply the foam.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want