Getting Screwed by My workplace Any legal Gurus wanna chime in

Basically the story goes the company I work for is downsizing my current dept. Everyone displaced was told they would not be out of a job but be relocated to various other departments. We were told there would be a list of Jobs to "sign" when the event was to take place. We were also told it would go strickly by seniority (aka years served at the company) and what was availible when it got to you would be your options to take it or leave it.

Well the time came for us to sign our jobs and we did. Come to find out later that people (women) were given jobs that we (men) were not told about when it was our turn to sign. We all know the reason is because many of the Men can do almost any of the jobs and that they sort of made postions for the women to accomdate them. We started to figure this all out since we all make converstaion about what job we had taken and started to realize that people with lower seniority some how got better positions than us, they were all women. This has negatively affected at least 5 or more of us in the department. None of us really know if we should do anything or not since we could likely loose our jobs all together which seems to be the case for people that cause problems for the company.

Basically in a nut shell we have been discriminated against because we can handle the tougher jobs and they know that the women will not last in the tougher positions. Im not coming down on women but most the jobs at my workplace are just too demanding for most women.

Any advice appreciated.

in my opinion if they offer you a job than you can do, and you like it. leave the women the not so demanding ones,

after all they also need a job.

and it is sexual discrimination, but I think it is for a good cause!

smdban.jpg

audio related merchandise (decals,banners,lanyards,hats,shirt,etc)

its not just the jobs themselves that we are aggervated about it is also the schedules they gave them as well. Many of us were forced to take 2nd and 3rd shift jobs because they made out like that was what was left and then we find out later that people lower on the list than us wound up getting first shift schedules and better/ easier jobs on top of that. I personally dont have kids but some of the other guys do and they feel like they will be missing out on a lot to take a new shift such as second or third. I just dont think what they are doing is right and I am less affected by it than others. I certainly dont blame the women and I have no desire to see them have to take jobs they will eventually get fired at or quit but, we expected to get to pick based on the companies policy and it just didnt happen.

Sounds like you just need to update your resume and find you another job that suits you ...

I choose to work my 3rd shift because its more rewarding (meaning I can concentrate on my work without distractions) plus I get paid shift differential (more money) ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I see what you mean, there was no reason for the girls to ONLY get those jobs, I dont know what industry your in, but in a lot of cases women arent suited to do what is needed in certain areas, but there is no reason why the guys couldnt also have the 'easier' jobs available to them.

We do this with my company, they employ both men and women and wont send a girl out do set up a stage or ground stack PA systems (there is actually a couple who can lift more then some of our guys). Just because the girls cant do the lifting jobs, doesnt mean the guys cant do the non lifting jobs. We keep it fair and even, I may not get as many shifts because there are more people who can run the shop as everyone is able to do it, but we all get equal work and its a great place to work coz noone is doing something they arent comfortable doing (or feel like they are doing all the hard yards)

edit: i realized there was no point to my ramble so i guess what I was saying is that they are in the wrong by doing this to you, time for a pro's and con's chart buddy :)

Edited by RCP Audio

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Not a damn thing you can do, unless you have hard evidence that your employer is doing this and will admit it on camera (while they know they are being recorded. Otherwise it will be illegal evidence), or some sort of signed statement. Or they will just admit it in court.

Chances are they wont, maybe in a perfect world but this world is far from perfect..

So unless you have thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars to blow on paying lawyers to sue the company tell them to fuck off and knock your boss, human resources, managers, owners out cold on the floor and move on.

Lol Well really at this point the only pro i can see that i have a job and i get paid (it will be less when the transition is 100%), Everything else about this company kind of sucks at the moment.

I didnt mention that I also took a computer test given by my company for 5 job listings that were based on skills/qualifications. I placed higher than anyone else that took the test. Only about 8-9 people tried out for these particular jobs (all women except for me). The 5 positions would have all been for office type jobs with different schedules. In addition to that 3 of us had a college degree. I have only an associates in Business, another had bachelors in childhood education or something, and the last had something related to business as well. On top of all of that my Manager who is a woman personally recommended me for one of those jobs (she has nothing to do with the hiring, firing or any of that). I also have been with the company longer than any of them although in those jobs it was not a factor. Obviously I cant prove anything here but it is hard to believe 5 people were chosen over me if they were going at all by skills/qualifications. The reality i have come to believe is that they knew they needed to find jobs for everyone and also knew I could do whatever where these women were not able to. My friends and I just really started to piece it all together after they started giving out the jobs based on seniority.

Really feels like we can do nothing and even if we did file some sort of discrimination complaint we would have to deal with the backlash from it from then on.

Not a damn thing you can do, unless you have hard evidence that your employer is doing this and will admit it on camera (while they know they are being recorded. Otherwise it will be illegal evidence), or some sort of signed statement. Or they will just admit it in court.

Chances are they wont, maybe in a perfect world but this world is far from perfect..

So unless you have thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars to blow on paying lawyers to sue the company tell them to fuck off and knock your boss, human resources, managers, owners out cold on the floor and move on.

This is basically the thoughts we are having ...

in my opinion if they offer you a job than you can do, and you like it. leave the women the not so demanding ones,

after all they also need a job.

and it is sexual discrimination, but I think it is for a good cause!

fuck that. So youd take less money and work harder because the other job was given to a woman. Everyone is preaching PC and equal opportunity and thats bullshit. You get what you earn. You shouldnt get things given to you because of who you know what color your skin is or your gender etc. You should get it for busting your ass and proving your worth. What his company is doing is defnitely not ok in my book.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Im with nate on this one!!

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/