Sundown Audio

Things to know about running .5 ohm.

Semper

God, I remember when running at 1 ohm was just stupid low impedance...now people just keep getting off with the fact that running at .5 is nothing but nothing. In 10 years boards need to be stable at some ungodly low resistance to get people to even think about it.

My answer, recone.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Uhmm...your amp isn't going to run cool and happy and then just explode without warning. If you blow it it's because you ignored the warning signs.

IF your equipment does any of the following, turn the volume down or the system off:

1. Runs hot. Period. (If it's hot, turn the shit off. That's for amp, subs, power wire, batteries, whatever. If it's too hot to touch then back off.)

2. Consistently runs hot. (If you have to use the rule above every time you play the system, you're doing something wrong and need to fix it.)

3. Breaks/Gets damaged. (If your amp blows, or takes out a sub, or you power/speaker wire melts, don't replace it with the SAME FUCKING SHIT THAT BROKE IN THE FIRST PLACE, you DIDN'T FIX ANYTHING.)

I think that list about covers every situation....If you don't know what a stressed sub sounds like or don't bother to touch your amps after you beat on them hard then you're asking for something to go wrong. If you don't check over your power and ground cables and speaker wires every once in a while then you're asking for trouble. If you don't take care of your system it WILL BREAK. If you take care of your system you can run it any way you can manage to keep it playing.

I ran my BC2000 too hard once. It protected. So I turned the gain down and haven't had a problem since...

and whats even better are the people who were just askig questions presenting themselves as a total noob that now are talking about .5 aint bad lol

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Youre probably going to want to know this site sooner or later if you run your amp that low. www.db-r.com

i was kidding

:crazy:

Hahaha i know i wasnt meaning that towards you. I was telling that to the guy who made the thread.

Uhmm...your amp isn't going to run cool and happy and then just explode without warning. If you blow it it's because you ignored the warning signs.

IF your equipment does any of the following, turn the volume down or the system off:

1. Runs hot. Period. (If it's hot, turn the shit off. That's for amp, subs, power wire, batteries, whatever. If it's too hot to touch then back off.)

2. Consistently runs hot. (If you have to use the rule above every time you play the system, you're doing something wrong and need to fix it.)

3. Breaks/Gets damaged. (If your amp blows, or takes out a sub, or you power/speaker wire melts, don't replace it with the SAME FUCKING SHIT THAT BROKE IN THE FIRST PLACE, you DIDN'T FIX ANYTHING.)

I think that list about covers every situation....If you don't know what a stressed sub sounds like or don't bother to touch your amps after you beat on them hard then you're asking for something to go wrong. If you don't check over your power and ground cables and speaker wires every once in a while then you're asking for trouble. If you don't take care of your system it WILL BREAK. If you take care of your system you can run it any way you can manage to keep it playing.

I ran my BC2000 too hard once. It protected. So I turned the gain down and haven't had a problem since...

what type of sub did you run off it i wana grab one of these and not sure what to put on it

not sure if i should go with a dc level 3 a fi sp4 18 a AA mayhem 18 or a AQ hdc4 18 any advice??

Archived