Second Skin Audio

Curious about a 15"

2x 10" in cone area is half way between a single 12" and single 15"

In my option post some meserments, of what you have, and what your willing to give up,(yes both please)

A $$$ figure on what you want to spend(and be honest there's no shame here)

What amp or power you wish to use,

What speakers you have and amp for them,

And box building skills,

After we no all of this well be able to help you out a bit better,

H=17 W=36 D=38 Im willing to give up most but not everything depth wise. $1000 is the max ill go for now, Amp i was thinking alpine mrp-1000 cus its not so expensive like others and its good. Sub i would want alpine type r or aa chaos because there in my price range and I'm sure they'll be excellent but not sure of what size subwoofer..considering 12" for now. I would want a custom made box tune @35 or 38hz

You can do most single 15s on 17x36x19 leaving half your trunk free, in 17x36x12 you can fit most 12s" so that just to give you an idea, I think a 15 is perfectly doable on thiose dims, As for that amp, there is an overwhelming number of reports of it overheating so consider that. Lastly I would pick the AA from those two.

That's 12cuft gross

Your easily fit a single 15, you'll even get 2 in there

If you want to stick to known brands you cant go wrong with the typeR either 2x 12 or single 15"

Myself with 1k

Idd look at single RF T2 15" in 3.2-3.5net on either a T1000 or T1500,

You'll spend between 7-1000 depending where you get it from,

It all top quality gear that won't let you down

And you'll still have plenty of trunk space left

Edited by john253a

H=17 W=36 D=38 Im willing to give up most but not everything depth wise. $1000 is the max ill go for now, Amp i was thinking alpine mrp-1000 cus its not so expensive like others and its good. Sub i would want alpine type r or aa chaos because there in my price range and I'm sure they'll be excellent but not sure of what size subwoofer..considering 12" for now. I would want a custom made box tune @35 or 38hz

I CAN'T believe those are useable dimensions. You need to take into consideration weird humps and sides obstacles to go around.

Then you run into the issue of getting the box IN there. You'd have to build the box INNNN the trunk. I think you should stick to 2 12s and be done with it. More cone area+double the motor force=more logical setup.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Those are the exact same dimensions of my trunk if i gutted the whole thing and opened up the ski hole completely.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Why would you? You're losing a fuck ton of output just to fit a 15 in there. Just get a pair of 12's and call it good.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.