Finding The Middle Of A Circle?!?

There are a lot of ways to find out how to find the middle of the perfect circle.

I have heard more simple ways of doing it and more complicated but more procise ways of finding it.

Please list all your ways that you use to find the middle of a circle the fastest and easiest way still keeping precision.

I was just playing with my jasper jig on my router and really caught my attention.

Another one of those things in life that make you go HMmmmmm!

Thanks

There are a lot of ways to find out how to find the middle of the perfect circle.

I have heard more simple ways of doing it and more complicated but more procise ways of finding it.

Please list all your ways that you use to find the middle of a circle the fastest and easiest way still keeping precision.

I was just playing with my jasper jig on my router and really caught my attention.

Another one of those things in life that make you go HMmmmmm!

Thanks

i just make crosshairs and where they intersect that works for me. i used to be a machinist so they way i do it for precision is a little complicated to explain, it just comes as second nature to me

----reference's----

meade916

but then how you know it's in the direct middle? or that the cross hairs go straight across the exact diameter...not a lil smaller? they make a tool that you can use to find the middle. dno how big it goes, but it's very handy.

hmmm...i think you could take a 90º angle tool and put it so that each side is on the edge of the circle (one edge on the side of the circle, one edge on the bottom) then take a 45º angle tool and line it up so it goes 45º through the circle. then put the 90º tool on the opposite side and make a line crossing the other. that should mark the middle

Edited by ExpoSport

but then how you know it's in the direct middle? or that the cross hairs go straight across the exact diameter...not a lil smaller? they make a tool that you can use to find the middle. dno how big it goes, but it's very handy.

hmmm...i think you could take a 90º angle tool and put it so that each side is on the edge of the circle (one edge on the side of the circle, one edge on the bottom) then take a 45º angle tool and line it up so it goes 45º through the circle. then put the 90º tool on the opposite side and make a line crossing the other. that should mark the middle

First draw a line through the circle

where the line hits the outer circle on the left we will call it A

and the right we will call it B

Now

Take a compass

open it so it is wider then half the line you just drew..

Place the compass on point A and strike a half circle through the line

Place the compass on point B and strike a half circle through the line causing it to cross with the other half circle from point A

Now where the two half circles cross grab a ruler and line up the two cross points (one intersection will be above the line and one will be below) and draw a line....

That line is the diameter...

I'm pretty sure you can get the cross section of that diameter

Edited by naruto

Now

Take a compass

Place the compass on point B and strike a half circle through the line causing it to cross with the other half circle from point A

Now where the two half circles cross grab a ruler and line up the two cross points (one intersection will be above the line and one will be below) and draw a line....

I get what your saying. I was looking up some stuff about it and i think i see whjat you mean.

A better link

http://www.makeitsolar.com/science-fair-id...rcle-center.htm

Takes some time but works like a charm

Take the diameter of your circle and draw a square around it with the square's heighth & width = the circle's diamter. Then draw a line through the opposite points. There's your center.

thats pretty much exactly what i was gonna say!

i likes me some audio stuff...

Now

Take a compass

That is how I learned to do it in Drafting class. It is the method of bisecting a line.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...