Sonic Electronix

Is there any reason that someone who was running four 18s and, let's say, 12k watts of power to them wouldn't want to also run four 8s on 4-6k watts of power for the bass notes above 50hz?

I guess I'm wondering what the advantage/disadvantage is of running almost as much power to the 8s as you would run to the main subs.

I know a lot of people run a pair of 8s or something to help, but why not run almost as much watts to the 8" subs (and if the 8s ability to handle it is the problem, just add as many 8s as you need to take the power)?

Thoughts?

Most people run 8s nowadays for midbass ... deffinately not "Higher" bass frequiencies ...

If anything, the 8s playing 40 htz and below ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Most people with 18s care more about being loud, obnoxious, and being able to make hair tricks instead of music quality ...

Sorry to say that ... just the way it is

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I am running 3 18" getting about 500 watts a piece. The 10" midbass in the door plays 60hz and up. They are on 240 watts a piece. A 2 to 1 ratio. It was deliberate. I knew with my equipment I wouldn't achieve big numbers. With more wattage on my midbass I could go lower with the 10" and cross the wall even lower (60hz). I didn't like it at 80 hz at all. lol I'd like to think when I tune it with a 1/3 octave eq it could score fairly well in a competition.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Which would make alot of sence running horns ...

I wish I could hear your system Sir ...

I am running 3 18" getting about 500 watts a piece. The 10" midbass in the door plays 60hz and up. They are on 240 watts a piece. A 2 to 1 ratio. It was deliberate. I knew with my equipment I wouldn't achieve big numbers. With more wattage on my midbass I could go lower with the 10" and cross the wall even lower (60hz). I didn't like it at 80 hz at all. lol I'd like to think when I tune it with a 1/3 octave eq it could score fairly well in a competition.

I'm checking out your log right now. Thanks.

The feelings mutual. I wish we were closer. Hopefully next summer I can get down there to the competitions and we can trade demos.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

The feelings mutual. I wish we were closer. Hopefully next summer I can get down there to the competitions and we can trade demos.

Id love to be able to get in there somewhere...... both you 2 have installs/systems that intrigue me more than about any .................................

Archived