XS Power

Ive just been reading people saying that the XP series is better than D series for daily set ups. I know that they can't be used for primaries but i would like to know the reasoning for this. Do the XP series have a longer life? are they easier to charge hence are easier on the alt?

D series has what is known as "Starting Plates"

Meaning they can give high current in short time.

The XP series has a large amount of lead but not starting plates, so it should not be used under the hood but can give long reserve.

The D series still has a great reserve capacity and is still great for daily systems and supplemental batteries.

The XP though is slightly less money and can get you a small percentage more reserve.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

I understand the cost effective side of it but the difference between the D3100 and the XP 3000 is

D3100

237 RC

110Ah

XP3000

240 RC

120Ah

Basically I just would like to know if the XP series would have more voltage drop? or is it more capable of sustaining voltage over long periods of playing full tilt? Im still a little bit confused sorry.

If you are going to be competing then go with the D3100 for the instantaneous power advantage. If you are going to be building a bank and using it for daily use, then I would suggest the XP3000.

The voltage drop really depends on the amount of current you are pulling out of the batteries. If you are pulling 100amps out of them, then they will be pretty much the same. If you are pulling 500amps out of them, then the instant 500amp draw will drop the XP down more but at the end of a 30 second run they will be within a few tenths of a volt.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

And still we have no load test on the xp3000...

whats the point? Its not in a real world application anyway? He already told you it was a few tenths down from the d3100 load test. I wish people would STOP asking for it damn

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

If you are going to be competing then go with the D3100 for the instantaneous power advantage. If you are going to be building a bank and using it for daily use, then I would suggest the XP3000.

The voltage drop really depends on the amount of current you are pulling out of the batteries. If you are pulling 100amps out of them, then they will be pretty much the same. If you are pulling 500amps out of them, then the instant 500amp draw will drop the XP down more but at the end of a 30 second run they will be within a few tenths of a volt.

O okay I understand now, thanks for the info